Managing Director, Internal Audit
The Managing Director of Internal Audit is responsible for establishing the Internal Audit vision, and functions as a chief business advisory and risk assessment resource in the company. As a senior member of the Finance Leadership Team, the Managing Director of Internal Audit has responsibility for all internal audit activities and oversight of financial governance associated with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance.
This position is specifically responsible to help ensure that established financial, operational and compliance practices, and the related controls, are designed and operating effectively. This position oversees the Company's compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and related required reporting. The Internal Audit function operates as Lam's independent assessor, responsible for examining and evaluating business activities and related risk for the purpose of ensuring regulatory compliance, safeguarding company assets and improving its systems of financial and operational controls.
This position will ensure that all Internal Audit activities meet the Code of Ethics and Standards Practice as outlined in the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) mandated by the Institute of Internal Auditors. In addition, this position partners with the Chief Compliance Officer to support investigations that may have elements of financial or accounting misconduct or fraud and driving any associated remediation activities.
This person must be adept at working in a highly matrixed and global organization. The person must be capable of tapping diverse sources of information, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing strategies to deliver against current and future Internal Audit priorities, ensuring regulatory compliance, safeguarding company assets and improving its systems of financial and operational controls.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Develops the audit vision and sets the strategy for Internal Audit and the governance of Sarbanes-Oxley in alignment with the overall Global Finance Function priorities.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and communications with the Audit Committee to ensure concerns are addressed and expectations met; writes, reviews, and delivers reports to the Audit Committee and senior management which address key business risks and control issues within the Company. Formal report outs are done quarterly.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with the global Lam leadership team, delivering business partnership in the development of strategies to improve compliance, financial, and operational performance of the business and deliver positive change; acts as an early warning system for business and financial risks; supports business ethics and integrity initiatives.
- Provides leadership in the development of audit plans, procedures and programs to evaluate the adequacy of the company's internal control environment.
- Manages areas related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to maintain internal controls to ensure the identification of significant accounts, processes, assertions and risks, documentation of significant processes and the identification and evaluation of the control design, the performance of test of controls and the overall assessment of financial reporting processes and the associated internal control environment.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship with external auditors to ensure effectiveness of service delivery and appropriate remediation of identified issues.
- Works closely with Legal and the Chief Compliance Officer on compliance programs involving Business Ethics and Integrity, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Patriot Act, etc.
- Uses knowledge of Lam's business to make sound decisions that balance the priorities of relevant stakeholders.
- Sets and achieves annual budget goals by effectively managing resources and stakeholder requirements.
- Attracts, develops and retains a high performing global team.
- Able to roll-up sleeves and do detailed audit work, if so required.
- Able to work effectively with 3rd parties to ensure Internal Audit has access to additional resources and subject matter experts should the need arise (examples: cybersecurity and IT, forensic accounting, technical accounting, foreign language capability, or specific operational knowledge) .
- Extensive (15+ years) experience in finance and accounting business processes, to include auditing in a Fortune 500 global company or a top tier professional services firm
- Experience in a management role, leading a department
- Experience presenting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Experience leading and managing large scale initiatives and managing associated change
- History of consistently delivering business results
- Exposure to international complexities in accounting, finance, and manufacturing business processes
- Demonstrated success leading professionals and developing a strong organization and workforce in a complex, matrixed, global, and results driven environment
- Semiconductor industry experience strongly preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Accounting or related area
- CPA certification strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to role model Lam's Core Values of Achievement, Honesty & Integrity, Mutual Trust & Respect, Ownership & Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Strong business acumen and service orientation.
- Outstanding strategic planning and management skills.
- Excellent accounting skills, and knowledge of the business processes and systems necessary to execute work.
- Depth of knowledge in generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles and controls, as well as auditing standards, procedures and related techniques.
- Knowledge of auditing information systems and systems designs.
- Strong working knowledge of information technology and its implications for business commerce and managing and controlling business operations.
- Ability to determine emerging risk management concepts and control models.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, partnering with resources to achieve results through others.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills; creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly through the organization.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and guide others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals.
- Actively develops and effectively manages a diverse global workforce.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Orchestrates systemic change - initiates, supports and manages change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
- Constructive approach to dealing with conflict; strong mediation skills.
- Effectively deploys and manages resources to achieve objectives and uses data to systemically monitor progress against plans.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner to senior management; uses data and Lam's problem-solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Skillful negotiator in tough situations, sells ideas persuasively, settles differences and wins concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful while remaining diplomatic.
- Strong business performance management abilities- monitoring the progress of work against schedules, budgets, quality standards, and achieving/exceeding planned economic benefits in a dynamic operating environment.
- Able to build and lead effective teams outside of the Internal Audit function.
- Intellectual curiosity - able to enhance personal, professional and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries' standards and practices.
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We Look Forward to Your Application