The financial analyst is responsible for various accounting and financial functions such as Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), weekly reporting, and accounting system administration for Strata Solar's main operating companies and related overhead (IT, Human Resources, Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Development, Strata Solar Services and Commercial & Industrial).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide weekly and monthly management reporting on the status of the business.
- Analyze project performance by generating actionable KPI reporting and analyses.
- Work closely with operations partners to help contain costs and make the right investments.
- Responding to ad hoc requests that may involve turning ambiguous data into actionable decisions.
- Know how to get things done in an independent and a collaborative manner.
- Can take direction and, if needed, take the lead, depending upon the situation.
- Look to identify and eliminate process gaps.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, or accounting or minimum of 1-3 years of accounting/finance experience.
- Advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel experience REQUIRED.
- Data mining and advanced data management & reporting skills required (Pivot, VLOOKUP, Data tables).
- Ethical conduct and professionalism; natural curiosity and interest in process improvement.
- Experience with ERP software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at defining problems, collecting data, establishing the facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience with inventory accounting and job-costing accounting, is a plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist and lift to 20 pounds.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.