Assurance - Audit Manager - Los Angeles
At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization - giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients - from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of - and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we need an experienced, motivated and dedicated Assurance / Audit Manager with a strong background in public accounting and to join the team. A career in our public assurance / audit sector will provide you with the opportunities to develop advanced technical auditing skills in a variety of industries.
This Assurance / Audit Manager role will be working with our corporate audit team and be responsible for leadership and partners to plan, budget and execute engagements and assign work to lower level associates. Coordinating and communicate with clients directly, develop and exhibit a command of audit techniques and methods, all while ensuring best business practices are in place and client satisfaction is always met.
Some additional responsibilities and requirements for the Assurance / Audit Manager:
This role will require travel, some overnight.
- Exhibit technical proficiency and the management ability to plan, budget for, and manage complete audit and/or client engagements, including preparation of reporting products, in accordance with MGO's policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate a command of project management skills exhibiting the ability to complete and deliver products and services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage lower level associates, providing timely verbal and written feedback including conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Exhibit expertise in assigned areas/departments of the firm.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve technical and client service issues and/or problems independently.
- Recognize and capitalize on opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Monitor and manage hourly yields realized on engagement or client billings, pursuing cost savings and raising ideas from others and self.
- Prepare billing worksheets as per firm schedule and procedures and communicate with clients to ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, written, presentation skills) with all levels of associates, HQ personnel, management, partners and clients.
- May act as advisor to lower level associates.
- Actively participates in professional associations/affiliations.
- Assist in firm management/administration functions as assigned by the partners.
- Personnel responsibilities such as hiring, termination, promotion, demotion, assignment and performance feedback.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting, corporate accounting required with a minimum of 1, but typically 2 +, years of experience as a Senior Associate.
- Proven ability to assign work, guide employees and complete projects on time and in budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting OR Bachelor's Degree plus requisite accounting coursework.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License from appropriate state.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to direct reports, management at higher levels and clients.
- CPA License (active and in good standing) from appropriate state.
Why work for MGO?
MGO's professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference - not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.
That's why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you're not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!