Senior Specialist, Market (Liquidity) Risk
- Works with senior management to ensure the reporting and monitoring of liquidity risk analytics is sound and accurate.
- Applies broad knowledge of liquidity risk management best practices, financial markets, trading instruments, and/or portfolio management in support of analyzing, monitoring and measuring risk.
- Makes risk mitigation recommendations for specific liquidity risks that exist within the assigned business/business partner area.
- Recognized throughout the Risk organization and the business as a liquidity risk point of contact and subject matter expert for a particular business/business partner area.
- Performs liquidity risk data analytics, reporting, and monitoring for the business(es) supported and for market or liquidity risk management, ensuring accuracy and correctness, develops appropriate tools, partnering with Technology where needed.
- Partners with the business to help them achieve their objectives within the Risk Appetite of the firm.
- Assists in the development and implementation of tools and procedures to measure and monitor multiple risks hierarchically and across the entire organization.
- With technology staff, develops and implements new risk analysis and platform and data initiatives, and tests modifications to the risk tools and processes.
- Interacts with traders and trading or portfolio management, or liquidity or treasury managers, to investigate and document any limit pre-approvals, excesses, extensions, breaches, and breach remediation in compliance with prescribed policies.
- Uses existing strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and regulators to ensure compliance to prescribed standards.
- No direct reports, oversees, advises and guides less experienced Liquidity Risk roles and may direct their work.
- Responsibilities are primarily specialized to address holistic liquidity risk management across regions, businesses and products. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years of experience in liquidity risk preferred.
- Experience in financial services is strongly preferred. Background in math, statistics, finance, economics, risk management, operations research, or a similar field is preferred.
- Liquidity Risk: Ability to assist with analysis of and reporting on funding, cash flow projections, deposits (including operational and behavioral views), liquidity measures, liquidity stress testing and relevant regulation (e.g. CLAR/ILAA, Reg YY, LCR, NSFR).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85209
Requisition Number: 2102259