VP, Financial Consultant- Chapel Hill, NC
Financial Consultants are procured with a practice of existing Schwab clients, providing them with wealth management and financial planning advice. Over time, they grow their practice holistically through client asset consolidation, networking, and earning client referrals. Financial Consultants are empowered to choose their most productive working environment (within corporate guidelines).
This includes space to work within the branch, remote flexibility and the potential for flexible work schedules to accommodate work/life balance needs. Managing wealth on behalf of our clients includes:
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Investment Management
- Banking and Lending Management
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Estate Planning
If you want to positively impact the financial security of clients, provide an outstanding investor experience, use the power of partnerships and the extensive resources available at Schwab, all while continuing to further your own professional development in Wealth Management, please consider this opportunity.
You are a results-oriented, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic that will be an ambassador in helping clients plan for their future, driving referrals and retaining clients at Schwab for a lifetime. Our goal is that through providing outstanding advice and consultation, you are able to earn the trust and dedication of our clients.
When meeting with clients you will:
- Be Curious and Consultative: Discover all you can about your clients, see things through their eyes, and then review and recommend appropriate solutions to help them stay on track with their financial goals.
- Be a Trusted Advisor: Build strong relationships, engage and encourage trust, and deepen the client relationship by utilizing a focused client communication strategy, and exceeding client expectations.
- Have a Defined Process: Demonstrate your ability to deliver appropriate advice and solutions through a repeatable sales process that focuses on addressing clients' needs.
- Use your Team and Ability to Influence: Leverage our team of Schwab specialists, Schwab advice guidelines, your knowledge of the markets, and your ability to inspire action to help your client's progress toward achieving their goals.
- Be a Challenger: Partner with, and Educate Clients. Share and engage clients in discussion around market conditions, sound investing principles, and the ideal wealth and long term investment strategies for their personal situation.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Robust consulting, influencing and client engagement skills
- Proactivity and resourcefulness with the ability to balance service, risk/compliance policies and sales goals
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with a positive demeanor, and active listening
- An ownership mentality with desire for continual professional development
- Ability to adapt and implement change as the market and business conditions evolve
- Willingness to engage within the community
- Coach-ability; receive and implement feedback
- Aspirations for more than baseline expectations.
- Current and active FINRA Series 7
- Interest in acquiring FINRA Series 66 (63/65) license and Life & Health Insurance as it will be required in the course of your tenure on the job.
Investing in Yourself:
- FC University - We provide a comprehensive onboarding and new hire program designed for new Financial Consultants (FCs). This program helps FCs understand Schwab's overarching approach to our clients and features content on relationship building, financial planning, and Schwab's spectrum of advised and lending solutions.
- Professional Designations - CWS (Cannon Wealth Strategist), CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process
Highlights of Schwab's Benefits
- Work/Life Balance: Remote working flexibility, Paid vacation time, Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Established Diversity & Inclusion practices, Community involvement, Company-wide Volunteer efforts, Charitable matching
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.