Billing Supervisor - CST and EST Remote
The Billing Supervisor is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Billing Supervisors in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities. Note: Positions mainly responsible for more general A/R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family.
If you are located within the Central and Easterntimezone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit.
- Impact of work is most often at the team level.
- Owns output at task level.
- Work is generally limited to own function.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion.
- Coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Develops plans to meet short-term objectives.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact individual employees and/or customers (internal or external).
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (creating and editing spreadsheets, macros, pivot tables, sorting, saving, formulas)
- Experience in Team Leadership
- 1+ years with experience of Medical and/or Lab Billing
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience in Database Management or equivalent coursework in database management.
- Ability to research issues and provide guidance to the team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (including excellent verbal and writing skills)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines within standards
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to accept, create and manage change
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: senior, lead, SME, coaching, mentoring, training, billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support,CST, workat home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo