Head of Credit Reserves Modeling, Director
The Head of Credit Reserves Modeling will lead a team of 9 risk professionals located in New York and Texas. The scope of work includes and is organized as follows:
- The Credit Reserves Modeling team is responsible for the life cycle development of credit loss models for CECL and IFRS9 approaches for wholesale portfolios globally.
- Develop priorities for model development and related activities of the team through engagement with partners in Risk, Finance and Product units.
- Enhance the application of credit reserves analytics within the Risk organization.
- Develop and implement industry-leading standards for model development and best-in-class analytics for credit reserves.
- Engage with Model Risk Management leadership to ensure that QRS model development and documentation practices meet MRM guidelines.
- Lead recruiting and training (including cross-training) initiatives in New York and Irving, Texas.
- In addition to managing the Team, the Head of Credit Reserves Modeling is relied on as a subject matter expert on quantitative approaches, CECL and IFRS9 Standards, and US and international regulatory rules that affect the estimation of credit reserves; and is often sought out as a thought-partner on the use of credit models for different applications and analysis for the business.
- Clients include Business, Finance, Risk Managers, Fundamental Credit Risk, Internal Audit, and others within Citi, as well as banking supervisors and external auditors.
- MBA in Finance/Economics, Master's degree or PhD in a quantitative field (physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.), and at least 10 years of experience in managing analytics teams in wholesale credit modeling and supporting business, auditors and regulators.
- Demonstrated experience leading CECL and IFRS9 credit reserves modeling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of credit risk, credit products, and related regulatory rules.
- Experience leading the development of credit risk models, production implementation and business support.
- Experience integrating state-of-the-art modeling tools, platforms and environments that can lead to cutting-edge innovative solutions.
- Experience in leading remote based teams is valuable but not essential.
- Track record of successfully hiring and mentoring talent.