Equities Market Risk Manager
Job Code: 1190736
Skill Category: Risk
Location: Americas Client Job Ref:
Job Type: Permanent
Post Start Date: 1 Mar 2021
Post End Date:
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The position is a role in Market Risk Management reporting into the Head of US Equities Market Risk Management. The candidate will be managing the risks for US Equities Trading Business including Delta 1, Flow Derivatives, Structured Derivatives, and Convertible Bonds.
The individual will be working with other risk managers within the team covering the US Equities Desks with the main focus in Flow and Structured Derivatives. The role will include stress analysis, review of risk positions, discussing risk exposures and concerns with senior risk managers and traders, and escalating risk issues to senior risk managers as needed.
- Understanding the market and daily review of risk exposures.
- Developing and maintaining risk reports and analytic tools.
- Work closely with front office to assess risk and business strategy, as well as other corporate functions such as MVG, IPV, IT, and Ops.
- Work closely with Credit Risk and review committee/transaction approvals.
- Daily recap of markets, P&L and Risk.
- 5-7 years of experience in trading or market risk in equities with a strong understanding in Global Capital Market.
- Strong analytic background and strong understanding in Equity Derivatives, particularly around greeks, stress testing, VaR, Basel III, and FRTB.
- Experience in equity exotics options (barriers, autocallables, range accruals, etc) and knowledge of various vol pricing model a plus.
- Very strong communication skills (both written and verbal) as the candidate will be working with a large number of groups within Risk and outside of Risk.
- Programming skills are not necessary but strongly preferred.
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer