Equinix is the worlds digital infrastructure company, operating 200+data centers across the globe andproviding interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. B usinesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We area fast-growing global company with 70+consecutivequarters of growth.Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providersin over 26countries spanningfivecontinents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providingan equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to be a member of the Equinix Global Income Tax Accounting and Compliance Team.
- Prepare, review, and manage all aspects of the global quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Prepare and review internal memos for tax provisions and ensure clear and thorough documentation.
- Perform tax purchase accounting analysis of M&A transactions and determine the tax impacts on financial statements.
- Identify, document and monitor income tax contingencies on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with foreign income tax return review and manage the provision-to-return true-up preparation and review process, including identifying US GAAP to local GAAP differences.
- Monitor new developments in tax accounting rules and SEC reporting pronouncements and analyze the impact to Equinix.
- Work closely with external auditors to resolve issues and ensure timely sign-off.
- Monitor and develop internal controls over income tax reporting process and ensure timely submissions of tax documents for internal control purposes.
- Collaborate with the Corporate FP&A team to review the global forecasts.
- Prepare and analyze long-term model forecasts for cash tax, US GAAP tax, and non-GAAP tax.
- Drive automation initiatives to increase the efficiency of the tax accounting and compliance processes.
- Monitor global legislative and regulatory tax law developments which impact Equinixs operations. Continue to develop technical expertise and stay current on tax issues.
- Prepare and review the US international tax reporting (i.e. 5471/8858/8865), GILTI calculations, Sec. 163(j) calculations and E&P calculations, which impact the REIT dividend distribution requirement.
- Conduct research and prepare memorandums related to tax issues from a US tax perspective.
- Assist with tax planning, strategies implementation and foreign tax compliance as needed.
- 5+ years working experience with BIG 4 and/or corporate tax department.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Master of Taxation preferred.
- Extensive experience in US international tax reporting (5471, 8858, 8865, Sec. 987, Sec. 988, GILTI and BEAT) preferred.
- Sufficient knowledge of US income tax laws and regulations related to multi-national corporations.
- Demonstrated technical strength and knowledge related to income tax accounting and income tax reporting.
- Self-starter with strong accounting, analytical, time management and project management skills
- Ability to recognize, understand, and analyze complex issues with excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organization.
- Must be well-organized, hands-on, detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Hyperion).
- Experience with implementing tax process optimization and automation preferred
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.