Director of Tax and Operations
The Partner of Tax and Operations will provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements, while ensuring delivery is consistent with partner and client expectations. This role requires the ability to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being an excellent listener and communicator, excellent oversight of firm operations, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and your technical expertise.
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
- Develop understanding of clients business and all aspects of clients industry
- Successful completion of client engagements; deliver projects/engagements on time, within budget and to client's satisfaction
- Prepare clear and concise working papers and financial statements
- Identify and address areas of significant risk and/or tax consequences for our clients
- Prepare complex client correspondence including recommendations, technical issues, and responses to taxing authorities.
- Develop effective working relationships with staff and clients
- Assist with development and retention of clients, including the ability to cross-sell services
- Focus on tax planning to minimize client tax and present ongoing tax savings opportunities to clients
- Prepare or review complex corporate and partnership tax returns; research complex tax issues and develop resolutions
- Supervise and mentor junior staff inclusive of oversight on client engagements and providing evaluative feedback
- Responsible for balancing staff workloads along with assigning new client engagements to staff members
- Evaluate the performance of tax accountants and discuss with partners
- Supervise, train and mentor tax staff
- Recruit, interview and hire interns
What are the requirements?
- CPA Certification
- 8+ years of accounting/tax experience
- Exceptional firm operational experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional client service skills
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities effortlessly
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Any other qualifications that WZ is looking for?
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a professional, positive, and affable demeanor, as well as a sense of humor, under pressure and to a variety of people.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities and manage time well (both self and others) even when time is short.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, as well as proofread and edit documents for grammar and readability.
- Dependability and outstanding organizational ability with focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to use strong judgment in making independent decisions that affect others.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite including strong Outlook as well as proficiency using Gmail, Google Drive, and both Mac and PC products and applications).
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please send them the link to this job! Thanks very much!
Who is WZ?
For over 55 years , Wagner & Zwerman LLP has been providing quality accounting and financial services to clients across the globe. Today, WZ provides their clients with services that follow The WZ Way an uncommon, refreshing way of viewing a clients financials with the clients best interests in mind.
Check out our website , but you have to come back here to apply to this job!
Why would I want to work for WZ?
Most accounting firms are about the numbers, financial statements, tax filings its true. WZ is also about the numbers. Thats where most accounting firms end. For WZ, its just the beginning! WZ believes that the professional and personal success of their employees directly translates to the success of the business.
Working at WZ provides unlimited growth potential along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. They also offer flexible hours to accommodate a work-life balance. The WZ office is brand new with state-of-the-art technology and the building offers a restaurant and a gym.
Powered by JazzHR