Manager, M&A and Financial Integrations
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents .
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
This role will work in close collaboration with the Director, Global M&A Accounting, on both pre-acquisitions and post-acquisitions to ensure a smooth financial transition into the Bain ecosystem. In addition to developing and ensuring execution against an integration plan for each acquisition, the Manager will also make recommendations to continuously update our M&A Playbook to ensure that our approach evolves ahead of the financial environment. The manager will be required to work with individuals at varying levels across the firm and must be able to pivot and meet the needs of working with a dynamic, challenging and growing team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive integration plan for each acquired target.
- Collaborate with the M&A Legal and M&A Deal teams through the closing process to identify possible risks and ensure a successful close.
- Act as the program manager for each assigned integration, ensuring that responsible parties deliver on assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain detailed progress status reports for each current integration, including areas of risk to the plan.
- Moderate regular integration team update meetings to ensure project is on track for targeted deadlines
- Work with the local teams (both internal and acquired firms) to properly account and integrate financial systems
Technological & Playbook Development
- Assist in researching, developing and implementing project planning tools to effectively manage concurrent integrations
- Leverage experience and insight to propose updates to the continually evolving M&A Integration Playbook.
- Act as a right hand for the Director, Global M&A Accounting and others on ad-hoc accounting/integration projects.
- Assist in mapping acquisitions chart of accounts and accounting methodologies to Bain's
- Perform preliminary and post-acquisition interviews with financial teams to understand the processes and procedures to align with Bain
- Upon completing financial integration of acquisition, train the local teams responsible for performing on-going responsibilities
- Included but not limited to: uploading monthly trial balance fluctuations, training on eFinance and future financial systems roll-outs
- Work with global teams to develop tracking and assessment of deals that have cost savings targets, earn out provisions and / or key milestone metrics
- Assist in developing deal analysis metrics for firm's understanding in performance and profitability of acquisitions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required
- CPA preferred
- 5-8 years of progressive finance experience including leading teams required
- Direct project management experience and history of working with multi-national corporations / firms preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- An interest in/experience with innovative technology and creating efficiencies required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and be able to solve complex and/or ambiguous problems required
- An individual that acts with the highest level of integrity at all times required
- Experience with Workday, SAP, or Anaplan is preferred
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world's most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today's urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1.