- Analyze/Prepare client financial statements based on the accounting/bookkeeping work provided in order to ensure the records are prepared in accordance with tax law requirements.
- Prepare Corporate, Partnership, and Individual tax returns as needed. Prepare and review throughout the year estimated tax assumptions to ensure "No Surprises" arise.
- Review and advise client regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Ensure client complies with all taxing authority requirements and represent client before taxing authorities as needed.
- Organize and maintain tax records and conduct tax studies and special projects. Respond to notices on behalf of clients and facilitate audits of clients' records as they arise.
- Coach/Train and Develop team members on tax preparation skills. Continue to stay apprised of changes in tax laws and communicate changes among team members.
- Consistently market the business and services offered and solicit referrals to foster growth.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Must have CPA and/or EA designation and have experience representing clients before taxing authorities to resolve tax matters.
- Must have thorough understanding of Accounting and Tax principles and have experience engaging clients in tax planning strategies to reduce tax liabilities. This is not an entry level position.
Powered by JazzHR