State and Local Tax Manager
For us, investing is an active process . With decades of experience as an owner-operator, we strive to create vibrant communities where our residents and tenants are excited to live and work. With a focus on affordable housing, as well as social and environmental initiatives, we take pride in giving back to the neighborhoods in which we invest.
At Bridge, we believe that we are only as good as our people. We value diversity, promote innovation , and encourage our people to never stop learning . Our culture of excellence, accountability, teamwork, and collaboration empowers individuals to develop and thrive professionally and personally.
Our tax professionals operate within a real estate private equity fund management environment, across several debt and equity verticals. They facilitate various tax preparation engagements, with several third-party preparers, handling the preparation of an incredible number of corporate and partnership returns.
The State and Local Tax Manager will be specifically focused on managing our engagements with third party tax preparers and handling the preparation of state and local returns.
The State and Local Tax Manager's responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the annual tax preparation of Bridge's 500+ taxable entities and partnerships that include pass-through allocations from SPEs and targeted allocations for investors in the funds
- Assist in analyzing state filing requirements on an annual basis
- Assist in coordinating tax payments with third party service providers and internal Bridge employees
- Review federal and state tax returns prepared by Bridge's tax service providers
- Assist with reviewing joint-venture and fund K-1s prepared by Bridge's tax service providers before being released to investors
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly/periodic estimated tax and tax withholding calculations for the partnerships and corporations within the various fund structures
- Assist with other tax calculations as requested by the accounting department or upper management
- Research tax notices from federal/state agencies and prepare written correspondence as needed
- Assist with the gathering of information necessary for state audits
- Assist in managing information requests from Bridge's tax service providers
- Liaise with Investor Services and Bridge's tax service providers to gather investor information needed for composite returns, K-1s, and other tax documents.
- Perform tax research into state and local tax issues
- Other duties as assigned including general administrative duties such as scanning and filing data
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required; Master's in Taxation or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience preparing state and local taxes
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Real estate industry experience is a plus
- Experience with SAGE Fixed Asset Software or other similar product is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- High level of integrity, detail, self-motivation and organization is a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Bridge's benefits include...
- Annual bonus based on individual, team and company performance
- A suite of benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching
- Generous PTO, including parental leave
- Company-sponsored service opportunities