Credit Modeler II - (Philadelphia, NYC, or Remote)
If you are looking for a great opportunity, with a highly collaborative team, do not wait any further, apply today.
We are looking for someone experienced in:
- Delinquency, default, prepayment, claim severity model estimation and design.
- Programming in support of model estimation, implementation, monitoring, and back testing
- Creation of analytical presentations and communication of strategic business findings to management
- Analysis and recommendations on alternative credit structures, risk sharing arrangements, and/or non-traditional manners in which to participate and take on credit risk as appropriate and necessary.
- Data manipulation of large files (R, Python, or SAS datasets) to identify trends and make recommendations and/or adjustments to credit/portfolio guidelines as necessary.
- Model development and methodology research
- Other duties as requested.
You will have:
- Expert understanding of mortgage delinquency, default, prepayment and loss given default modeling. Expert mathematical, statistical and econometric understanding.
- Strong analytical background, along with the ability and willingness to effectively make recommendations on transactions based on sound business judgment.
- Expert in SAS, R, C++ or python for data analysis and modeling.
- Experience leveraging AWS based applications and resources (EC2, EMR, S3, Lambda, Jupyter Notebook, Zeppelin, Spark) is desirable.
- Strong understanding of financial analysis of structured mortgage products.
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert in SAS, R, or python and proficient in Excel for data analysis.
- Experience leveraging cloud computing.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to effectively summarize and communicate relevant findings and other information.
Prior Work Experience
- Technical: 3 - 5 years
Education and Credentials
- Required: Master's Degree, Concentration in Quantitative Field. PhD preferred
Why Work With Us:
- Competitive Compensation: anticipated base salary from $88,900 to $122,000 based on skills and experience. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
- Our Company Makes an Impact. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like, being included on Bloomberg's Gender-Equality Index, being honored as a Tech 100 by HousingWire, pledging to PwC's CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion commitment, and receiving the Spirit Award from the MBA's Open Door's Foundation.
- Rest and Relaxation. Generous time off starting day one, 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in support of our I&D culture.
- Health Benefits. Multiple medical plan choices, including HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for your Future. 401(k) with a top of market company match (did we mention the company match is immediately vested?!)
- Paid Parental Leave. An opportunity for all new parents to embrace this exciting change.
- Employee Assistance and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with development disabilities, to scoring discounts with thousands of retailers.
- Pet Insurance. To help protect our furry family members.
Radian is helping to ensure the American dream of homeownership in even bigger and better ways with industry-leading mortgage insurance and a comprehensive suite of mortgage, risk, real estate, and title services.
We are powered by technology, informed by data and driven to deliver new levels of service and innovation to our customers across the residential mortgage and real estate spectrum.
Learn more about Radian at Radian.com.
Radian is unable to sponsor visas for applicants for this specific role.
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Details
To learn more about Radian's Code of Conduct and Ethics and workplace conduct, please click [here]. Radian participates in E-Verify [Link] (en espaol [Link]). Learn more about your rights under immigration laws [Link] (en espaol [Link]).
Whether you require an accommodation for the job application or interview process, Radian is dedicated to a barrier-free employment process and encourages a diverse workforce. If you have questions about the accommodation process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.