You will be a strong collaborator with the rest of the Tax & Accounting Finance and Accounting teams to deliver quality financial information and analysis, provide strong internal controls and to deliver the strategic priorities of the group.
The person in this role can be based in one of office locations or can be remotely located in any location within the U.S.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage monthly financial analysis and reporting of results, including variance analysis vs budget/forecast and prior year.
- Lead annual budgeting and forecasting processes for the Segments.
- Ensure timely completion of analysis and reporting on the Professional Segment financial results to the Tax & Accounting Division and Corporate finance groups.
- Collaborate within the Professional Segment organization to develop comprehensive and accurate financial forecasts for Technology and Development expense and ensure that financial information and analysis supports the reporting and decision-making needs of the group.
- Serve as the primary financial liaison with the Global Business Services (shared service) organization to understand allocated Technology, Development and Support costs.
- Alert the Professional Segment executive team and managers to trends in the financial performance of the business that may require management attention and action.
- Assist in development of the annual three-year strategic plan, along with supporting strategic and tactical plans.
- Participate in the financial evaluation of new product initiatives and acquisition/divestiture opportunities and if consummated, in the planning and execution of integration.
- Drive continuous process improvement and best practices to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve financial forecast quality, and enhance information provided to the Professional Segment leadership for business decisions.
- Evolve the Professional Segment KPIs and metric tracking to more effectively run the business.
- Advise the Professional Segment leadership of opportunities and risks that impact business performance.
- Manage, develop, and mentor the three team members, leading them to accomplish individual/team goals and objectives.
As a top candidate, you will demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to be successful in a matrix environment.
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Successful track record as a business partner and organization leader.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and develop a high performing, finance organization.
- Proven track record of being forward thinking and proactive in identifying business issues and opportunities, developing plans of action and executing on those plans.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and with geographically distributed, virtual teams and various levels of leadership including executive level management.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work and think independently, interpret and exercise professional judgment, creatively problem solve.
- Proven ability to accurately summarize analysis with relevant points for executive presentations and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and deliver timely and quality results with a focus on accuracy and integrity of data.
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related degree
- 7+ years of financial management experience and strong background in financial modeling and business analysis
- Master's degree in Business Administration and/or CPA
- Strong background in financial modeling and business analysis with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting Technology and Development organizations, preferably in a Cloud environment
- Capacity to identify underlying principles, reasons, or factors of information by breaking down into components; ability to uncover and explain the cause and effect of data disparities
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to implement complex functions
- Excellent financial modeling and business analysis skills
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), and planning reporting software such as Hyperion and Infor (GEAC)
- 10-15 percent