The Risk Manager is responsible for all insurance and/or surety bonding for Strata's main operating companies and
related overhead (Legal, IT, Human Resources, Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction,
Development, Operations & Maintenance (Services)).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process weekly (sometimes daily) risks for insurance
· Process weekly (sometime daily) risks for surety bonding
· Manage relationship with Strata's broker for insurance/surety bonds
· Provide monthly management reporting on the status of the business as it relates to risk management
· Work closely with business operations partners to help lower costs and make the right risk decisions
· Responding to ad hoc requests that may involve turning ambiguous data into actionable decisions
· Know how to get things done in an independent and a collaborative manner.
· Can take direction and, if needed, take the lead, depending upon the situation.
· Look to identify and eliminate process gaps.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor degree in business, finance or accounting
· Work experience in risk management, finance or internal audit
· Microsoft Office 365, including Microsoft Excel experience
· Data mining and reporting skills required (Pivot, VLOOKUP, Data tables)
· Ethical conduct and professionalism; natural curiosity and interest in process improvement
· Experience with ERP software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization
· Skilled at defining problems, collecting data, establishing the facts, and drawing valid conclusions
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist and lift to 20 pounds.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.