Assistant Director Finance
The Assistant Director, Finance will assist and work with General Manager, Finance and Corporate Services to oversee the finance, reporting and compliance functions of Cancer Australia. You will undertake month end procedures, Manage and prepare monthly management reports and end of year financial reports. You will manage and develop the Agency's financial systems, cash and banking arrangements and supervise the Finance Team.
The key duties of the position include:
The Assistant Director, Finance will be responsible for undertaking the following duties:
• Prepare financial statements for hard close and end of financial year in accordance with Finance Minister's Orders
• Liaise with the internal auditors and Australian National Audit Office
• Undertake and coordinate all compliance activities as required by the Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
• Prepare and manage the preparation of monthly management reports to the Senior Leadership Team covering departmental and administered items, including analysis of financial and non financial information.
• Manage month end procedures for the agency, including processing and reviewing of invoices and journals, preparation of reconciliations and reporting to Department of Finance on monthly actuals
• Contribute to the ongoing management and development of financial systems
• Assist the General Manager, Finance and Corporate Affairs with quarterly budget forecasts and development and implementing financial management policies.
• Assist the General Manager, Finance and Corporate Affairs with preparation of annual statutory financial statements, including liaison with internal and external auditors
• Manage the Finance Team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Extensive experience in financial management in accordance with legislative requirements and accounting standards,
• Extensive experience with financial reporting, internal and external financial statements, in particular the Agency's Annaul Financial Statements,
• Communication and interpersonal skills to establish and build stakeholder relationships and to provide clear, useful and high-quality financial advice and reporting,
• Analytical skills with the ability to apply financial management knowledge to influence senior non-finance managers,
• Proven ability to lead a small team to manage competing priorities and achieve outcomes.
• Tertiary qualifications in accounting together with recognised professional accreditation, i.e. CA/CPA (Essential)
• Knowledge of, or experience with Accpac Accounting Systems (Desirable)
This is a re advertised position, previous applicants need do not need to re apply as previous applicants will be considered.
This position is based in Sydney.
To be eligible for ongoing employment, candidates must be Australian citizens. You will also be required to obtain a security clearance at Baseline level.