Your team leadership will directly contribute to the timely delivery of high quality, insightful outcomes for the organisation.
As an Audit Manager you will:
• Lead a small audit team to encourage initiative, build a sense of common purpose, and empower others to drive change and deliver results.
• Proactively build and maintain strong independent and objective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify priority areas of risk and process improvement by understanding the organisation systems, objectives, risks, control frameworks and regulatory environments.
• Create and perform test plans and produce high quality publishable audit reports detailing findings and recommendations.
• Project manage internal and outsourced audits with responsibility for quality and timeframes.
We offer high profile opportunities, including travel opportunities, to extend your auditing, management and leadership experience within a capable and outcome focused organisation.
To ensure your continued success, we'll support your future development through ongoing training, conferences, leadership development and other opportunities aligned with our needs and your interests.
About our Team:
We are proud of our status as trusted advisors and our reputation as quality service providers. We are known for the big picture strategic insights that we offer, as well as the high quality of the audits and other assurance support we provide.
We have a customer-centric, value add, continuous improvement mindset. We strive to be leaders in the provision of internal audit services, delivering our significant program of work through a co-sourced model with our trusted strategic partners. This approach means that the department benefits from the diverse perspectives and experiences of both our internal staff and our external audit providers. We partner with management at every level in the development and implementation of internal control and risk management systems across Defence. The diverse subject matter which you will be exposed to, means one day is never the same.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a collaborative team leader with considerable performance audit experience who can demonstrate leadership as an audit professional, and Audit Manager. As an Audit Manager at Defence, you'll lead and manage a small audit team in the performance of nationally significant audit activities across diverse and complex subject matter.
To be successful you will need:
• Strong leadership skills - The ability to lead, encourage initiative, build a sense of common purpose, and empower others to drive change and deliver results.
• Performance audit experience and skills, with tertiary level qualification in a discipline with relevant professional accreditation (CPA/CA/CIA). Ideally you will already have relevant audit qualifications or be able to demonstrate the ability to achieve these soon after commencing.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills - Ability to communicate with influence, approach negotiations with a strong grasp of the key issues, and strives to achieve an outcome that delivers benefits for both parties. As well as, write clear, concise and technically sound audit reports.
• Stakeholder management skills - Ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively manage internal and outsourced audit engagements to ensure intended audit outcomes and deliverables are achieved.
• Superior critical thinking and analytical skills - Ability to undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence. Recognise the links between interconnected issues. Breaks through problems and weigh up options to identify solutions. Explore possibilities and innovative alternatives.