We are looking for individuals who have a keen interest in learning audit, risk analysis and evaluation, with a focus on understanding current business processes and how these align with best practice.
Working in a small to medium team, the APS 5 Auditor will support the Lead Auditor and Audit Manager in the process of planning, conducting and following up on audit activity. Under the guidance of the Lead Auditor, you will contribute to audit planning, gathering material and evidence for an assigned audit, analysing details, and report writing.
As an Auditor you will:
• Contribute to the conduct of audits of programs, processes, systems and functions to identify risks facing Defence are appropriately addressed and managed.
• Assist in the research, planning and conduct of audits, preparation of papers and reports and discussion of findings with stakeholders.
• Analyse evidence and assist in the identification of audit findings and the development of recommendations and preparation of papers and reports which address the causes and consequences of identified issues and risk.
• Investigate issues and opportunities that contribute to continuous improvement and management of the audit functions and as part of this process, provide suggestions for improvements.
• Ensure all audit evidence is appropriately collated, documented and stored.
We offer high profile opportunities, including travel opportunities, to extend your auditing and management experience in a capable and outcome focused organisation, undertaking unique and nationally significant work.
We support the development of our staff through ongoing training, conferences and leadership development opportunities, aligned with our needs and your interests.
About our Team:
We are proud of our status as trusted advisors and our reputation as quality service providers. We are known for the big picture strategic insights that we offer, as well as the high quality of the audits and other assurance support we provide.
We have a customer-centric, value add, continuous improvement mindset. We strive to be leaders in the provision of internal audit services, delivering our significant program of work through a co-sourced model with our trusted strategic partners. This approach means that the department benefits from the diverse perspectives and experiences of both our internal staff and our external audit providers. We partner with management at every level in the development and implementation of internal control and risk management systems across Defence. The diverse subject matter which you will be exposed to, means a day is never the same.
Our Ideal Candidate:
To be successful you will need:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - can articulate observations/findings into detailed reports.
• A desire to learn the audit processes and methodology.
• A curious and investigative approach to understanding issues and finding the root cause of problem, including critical thinking and analytical skills.
Ideally, you'll also have:
• An interest in activity occurring across the organisation, and a desire to assist and add value to improving the effectiveness of business process.
• A commitment to developing a career in risk management and/or internal audit (this usually requires a minimum of 3 years).