NDIA EL1 Assistant Director Finance (Professional Stream)
The EL1 Assistant Director Finance (Professional Stream) is accountable under broad direction to undertake very complex work that delivers quality outcomes across the functions of the NDIA.
The position is a team membership position within the NDIA and has a concurrent requirement to resolve issues and risks across a broad range of activities of substantial depth involving significant detail and to provide support to the team leadership of their work area in the planning and coordination of the team.
The EL1 Assistant Director Finance (Professional Stream) will coordinate and assume responsibility to undertake detailed or sensitive projects that may include performing varied activities involving many different and unrelated processes or methods that may impact on the strategic or operational outcomes that support the NDIA's objectives to "build a world-leading National Disability Insurance Scheme".
The key duties of the position include:
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Providing technical accounting advice and briefing to the Agency by navigating the Australian Accounting Standards and applicable government financial reporting rules and frameworks.
• Reviewing and managing components of the Agency's trial balance using Systems Applications and Products software (SAP), providing monthly and annual reporting in Central Budget Management System (CBMS) to the Department of Finance.
• Taking a lead role in the preparation of the Agency's financial statements and liaising with the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) in relation to audit matters.
• Delivering various month end financial reporting and analysis.
• Partnering with other teams both within and external to the branch to provide technical and general accounting and finance advice.
(NOTE: the key responsibilities of the role are based on current priorities and may change over time)
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment National Police History check, and provide evidence of Australian Citizenship. Failure to do so may jeopardise your offer of employment.
Dependent on the role the appropriate working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.
This position will be offered Non-ongoing or for a specified term of up to 18 months, with the possibility of extension up to three years.
This non-ongoing position may become ongoing. Should the position become ongoing then the Order of Merit established through this selection process may be used to fill the vacancy on an ongoing basis.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability