(Senior) General Ledger Accountant
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and on time in compliance with the US GAAP and statutory accounting standards.
- Perform account reconciliation (Accruals, Interco, Prepayments) as well as subledger reconciliations (Bank, Receivables, Fixed Assets, Payroll etc) for specific Company codes / Legal entities.
- Ensure timely and correct recording of all G/L transactions; sample checks of postings and grant compliance to all MSA Policy and US GAAP financial standards. Ensure sub ledger accuracy and provide guidance and support in issue resolution.
- Co-ordination and processing of month end closings and financial reporting; provide variance analysis; responsible for SOX/Internal Control compliance.
- Ensure proper and timely statutory year end reporting and produce subsequent financial reports to be made available for review by local external auditor.
- Provide statutory year and reports, liaise and align with auditors, maintain Chart of Accounts.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and track service level achievements.
- Assist in the transition of General Ledger processes to the Shared Service Center.
- Qualified international accountant (e.g CPA; ACA,ACCA,CIMA) or similar with 3+ years post qualification experience.
- Fluent English & Polish.
- Other European languages an advantage.