Payments SME (Fully Remote)
Specific responsibilities include acting as ClearBank's representative for assigned payment schemes and managing all scheme communications. Organising and managing payment scheme related testing and supporting other areas of the organisation. Being the 'Go To' person for Payment Scheme knowledge within the organisation providing information and advice to ensure that payment scheme and regulatory rules and requirements are adhered to across all activity undertaken.
About you & how you will spend your time
We believe that the best employees enjoy what they do. Candidates should have proven experience of working within the Payments/Financial Services Industry. You will have a strong understanding and knowledge of the rules and requirements of the UK Payment Schemes, particularly CHAPS & FPS. Successful candidates will be experienced in raising concerns and providing ideas, engaging with Product Owners and Business Stakeholders, helping them to make informed decisions. Candidates should also have sound knowledge of SWIFT, correspondent banking services and Funds Transfer Regulations and be aware of forthcoming changes within the Payments Industry and understand how they will impact the organisation.
You should apply if you have
- Subject matter expertise within assigned Payment Schemes i.e. CHAPS, FPS & ICS and SWIFT.
- Have in depth knowledge and understanding of Payment Scheme rules and requirements and be familiar with the contents of reference manuals and documentation.
- Maintain awareness of forthcoming changes within the Payments Industry and participate in ongoing Payment Scheme related projects such as the RTGS Renewal Programme.
- Act as the ClearBank representative for assigned Payment Scheme committees, forums and working groups, attending meetings and workshops and sharing output with relevant business areas, Product Owners and Stakeholders.
- Be a significant driving force behind the completion of the Annual Scheme Attestations for CHAPS & Pay.UK (BACS, FPS & ICS) working closely with the Business Areas involved to gather required information, ensure all forms and questionnaires are completed satisfactorily and obtain sign off from Internal Audit prior to submission within given deadlines.
- Manage all Payment Scheme communications on a daily basis ensuring they are shared with the relevant business areas and that all required actions are completed and responded to within given deadlines.
- Keep up to date with changes to Payment Scheme requirements and manuals, liaising with the business to ensure processes and procedures are updated and both scheme and regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Coordinate and manage Payment Scheme related testing for CHAPS, FPS & ICS providing the business areas involved with all necessary documentation, test plans and information to ensure they are set up to achieve successful outcomes.
- Support Product Owners, IT Development Teams and Business Stakeholders with all aspects of payment scheme requirements, assisting all functions internally with the development and implementation of new payment scheme related products and services.
- Support the IT Development Teams with the testing of new payment related features and functionality providing sign off for Software Releases.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support the development of systems by attending workshops, refinement sessions, stand ups and post incident reviews to help steer the teams towards the best technical solutions based on business requirements whilst maintaining adherence to Payment Scheme and Regulatory compliance.
- Continually seek ways to improve processes and procedures, making them more efficient and effective particularly those which are Payment Scheme related.
- Build and maintain relationships with Stakeholders across the business to meet role objectives and deliver key activities.
- In depth knowledge of CHAPS & FPS rules, regulations, reference manuals and procedure documentation.
- Good working knowledge of SWIFT messaging as applicable to CHAPS & Cross Border GBP.
- Knowledge of ICS would be a benefit.
- Understanding of the Funds Transfer Regulations and PSD2 requirements is also advantageous.
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the business.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to communicate actions and intentions clearly and concisely.
- Work under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency.
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement.
- Whilst this role currently has no direct reports, this is a growth area, so People Management experience is a desirable quality.
We are looking for motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we're always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.
About what we offer
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You'll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
The legal bit
Please only apply for this role if you are eligible to work in the UK.
By entering your details in the fields and clicking this button, you submit your information to ClearBank® Limited, who will use it to communicate with you. ClearBank® Limited securely stores and uses your details in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and ClearBank® Limited's data retention policy. ClearBank® Limited will not sell or lease your information. To opt out of further communications from ClearBank® Limited please email ClearBank® Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org
Perks, benefits and rewards
- Great learning and promotion opportunities
- 32 holidays a year (including bank holidays)
- Private medical and dental cover
- 6% employer contribution through the ClearBank scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 days off each year to do something bigger than ClearBank
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion are key to our mission. At ClearBank we recognise and respect that each individuals unique perspectives are what allows us to build the bank we all enjoy working in. We believe that the difference between people creates value. We focus on inclusion to create a safe and welcoming workplace culture which encourages and enables people to achieve their best, innovate and most importantly speak up to make us better.