Operations - FICC Ops - Commodities Operations - Associate - London
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMMODITIES OIL & STRUCTURED FINANCE LOGISTICS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputatio
We are looking for a professional and dynamic individual with a strong interest and background in Physical Commodities & Logistics. The ideal candidate would be able to operate effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment, partner with the Business and other core support areas in order to meet business demands and facilitate new business growth with a key focus on clients, risk, control and efficiency.
Bulk Logistics is a high-value risk management team in Operations that is responsible for managing physical risks associated with the transportation and storage of physical inventory for the Commodities Business including Structured Finance. Logistics partner closely with Trading, Sales, other Operations teams, Legal and other key departments. We are seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate across the firm to manage and mitigate risks associated with the physical logistics supply chain - particularly in oil with an opportunity to expand into metals and other physical commodities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Onboarding, execution and ongoing support for physical commodity financing transactions, particularly in oil & refined products - opportunities exist across Metals, Uranium and other Bulk physical commodities but primary focus will be in Oil & products
- Responsibilities involve daily inventory and supply chain management including daily scheduling of inventory movements, Vessel vetting in line with internal policies & standards, transportation and title documentation review, inventory reconciliation and liaison with clients and operators
- Daily interaction with traders, sales people and numerous control groups across operations, legal, compliance, tax, insurance, technology etc. to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation and business facilitation.
- Provide Logistics comments in a variety of areas including new trade ideas, system enhancements and contract language
- Arrange for pre-execution due diligence and ongoing inspections of client or 3 rd party facilities including refineries, storage terminals, ports, pipelines, etc
- Perform control assessments and present findings to internal risk/control groups on the quality/reliability of facility operations and adherence to EHS market standards.
- Ensure contracts & confirmations accurately reflect terms agreed and identify discrepancies in legal documents & invoices
- Participate in the ongoing development of the team processes and procedures in order to support this developing business
- Collaborate as a proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and expectations.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Oil, Products and Vessel Operations
- Experience with Physical Inventory management and supply chain optimisation/planning
- Cargo operations experience beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial deal terms, title transfer documents and Incoterms
- Familiarity with Financing agreements e.g. Master Sales and Purchase Agreements / Framework agreements
- Experience coordinating across multiple stakeholders and executing large scale transactions
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership of projects and contracts
- Strong organizational skills & ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Proven technical and analytical skills, a control mentality with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong focus on control issues, processes and procedures
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment, able to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Aptitude for building relationships both inside and outside of the firm and ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of people with varying product knowledge
- Excel Skills preferred but not essential
- Strong understanding/interest in Physical Commodities Logistics & Vessel Operations
- Communication & Presentation skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity