Direct Tax Accountant, Financial Services
- City of London
- Apr 23, 2021
- £40k - £60k
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the medium sized tax team of an international banking group based in Central London.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the medium sized tax team of an international banking group based in Central London. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Tax Compliance & Reporting, the role will mainly focus on managing the Group's direct tax monthly tax reporting obligations. This will be mainly focused on UK entities but will offer some wider overseas exposure. As part of a smaller team, there could in turn also be opportunities to gain exposure to some project and advisory work as well as a wider range of tax issues eg. indirect tax and transfer pricing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate and prepare the Bank's UK corporate tax return and UK R&D claim in conjunction with internal stakeholders and external service providers
- Prepare and track time-limits for claims and elections e.g. group relief
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the bank levy computation and bank levy forecasting across the UK group companies
- Co-ordinate and prepare the group's Country by Country Reporting obligations
- Assist with HMRC enquiries and other ad hoc tax queries
- Prepare the UK company tax provision and work with international colleauges to prepare the Bank's consolidated tax disclosures for the annual financial statements including liaison with internal stakeholders and the external auditors as necessary
- Deliver monthly and quarter end reporting processes for corporate tax including the preparation of the tax provisions and tax journals as well as certification and substantiation of direct tax balances in the general ledger
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with a good knowledge of the UK corporate tax regime with strong tax accounting skills. Experience of OneSource tax software or a similar product would be advantageous. Good communication skills and team ethic would be desirable. It could either be a good opportunity for someone looking to make their first move into industry or someone looking to further their career in another in-house organisation. Either way, this is a close knit and experienced team and would give the successful candidate a great foundation to learn and develop.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.