Assistant Vice President Operational Risk (12 months FTC)
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
The Operational Risk Department is part of the firm's Risk Management function and provides second line Operational Risk oversight for the firm's front office and support / control functions.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role requires the applicant to provide assistance to the Operational Risk Management team:
- for the design, development, operation and delivery of the Operational Risk reporting requirements.
- for the maintenance, development and implementation of the Operational Risk Management framework;
The role sits in the Framework, Systems and Projects team within Operational Risk Management and offers the candidate exposure to all the team, external stakeholders; and requires flexibility to support initiatives and BAU tasks performed by the team.
The role requires the applicant within the Operational Risk Management team to:
- Assist in the development, maintenance and delivery of quality operational risk data analysis and periodic/ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Assist in the development, maintenance oversight and implementation of the operational risk framework.
- Provide assistance with review and challenge to ensure the wider effective identification and management of operational risk and control weaknesses by the business, support functions and the EMEA offices.
- Provide assistance with the independent assessment and monitoring of MUFG's Operational Risk profile.
- Support the wider initiatives in the Framework, Systems and Projects team and broader OpRisk team - including, but not limited to performance of thematic analysis, special projects, and administration for the OpRisk system (IBM OpenPages).
- Very Strong / Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Excel (data manipulation - lookups, pivot tables, macros), and PowerPoint (clear, concise well formatted reporting). General knowledge of databases.
- Some understanding of the design and implementation of operational risk framework and governance reporting within banking.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong / Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Excel (data manipulation - lookups, pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint (production and development of clear, concise well formatted reporting).
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of an Operational Risk Management framework in banking.
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of Operational Risk Management reports for a senior audience.
- Understanding of banking products and front-to-back processes, risks and controls.
- Experience of IBM OpenPages / COGNOS
Education / Qualifications:
- Strong academics.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills - manipulating, formatting and analyzing data in Excel to clearly support messages and similarly clear, concise imaginative and well formatted PowerPoint presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical skills
- A proactive, motivated and enthusiastic approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It's no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
Our vision? To become the world's most trusted financial group. You'll help us achieve it.