Director - Real Assets, M&G Alternatives
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
M&G Alternatives is the funds, co-investments and secondaries business of M&G plc. We manage c.£11bn* across three main pillars: Private Equity, Real Assets^ and Diversifying Strategies.
The Real Assets team focuses on opportunities across Infrastructure, Leasing and Agriculture & Natural Capital. It manages a global programme of c.£3bn* in investments across developed and emerging markets, with the first investments dating back to 1997. We invest across the risk spectrum and primarily focus on the mid-market.
The Real Assets team is seeking a Director to take a leading role in evaluating new investment opportunities and monitoring existing investments across primary investments and co-investments. The role will involve qualitative and quantitative analysis of GPs and equity oriented investments; the production of investment diligence reports; and ad-hoc tasks to assist with the management and analysis of the portfolio. The individual will report to the Head of Real Assets and will be expected to work collaboratively and provide support to other members of the Real Assets team, as well as work closely with members of the broader M&G Alternatives team.
Key Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in evaluating investment transactions; preferably in infrastructure, agriculture or related sectors
- Experience in leading the diligence of and monitoring primary fund investments and preferably has been involved in the evaluation co-investments
- Strong financial analysis skills in order to be able to evaluate opportunities efficiently a comprehensive awareness of financial concepts for equity investments
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Strong collaborator and high integrity
*NAV + undrawn commitments as at 28 Feb 2020
^Real Assets does not include Real Estate, an asset class managed by other parts of M&G
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things