Senior Strategic Asset Allocation Strategist
Our multi-asset team works with clients to create customised investment solutions. The Investment Solutions Design Team are experts in understanding client needs. Our solutions are underpinned with expertise in strategic asset allocation, tactical asset allocation and manager selection. Founded in the 1980s, the team of 70 has over $48bn of assets under management.
Purpose of the Role
Strengthen our CMA and SAA machinery by improving the analytical foundations of the modelling architecture and design/shape of SAA output, first to bring to industry standard and then surpass it in a differentiated manner.
Help lead the automation and digitalisation of the work-flow in conjunction with external provider(s) and help roll-out support design from FIL's global resource base (e.g India and Dalian).
Help build macro narratives around our CMA work in order to better connect with investment challenges facing our clients across different geographies.
Help increase deeper client engagement and interaction globally using thematic links to our CMA/SAA work as credible engagement mechanisms within a transparent and robust quantitative-driven framework.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Masters or PhD in quantitative field
- Significant post qualification experience within sell or buy-side
- Strong quantitative skills with focus on asset market return modelling
- Strong understanding of data and modelling requirements, especially in private assets space
- Excellent understanding of macro and statistical drivers of asset market returns across different horizons (5, 10, 20+)
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work within a diverse team as an integrated team member
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Very high energy level; a self-starter.
- Enthusiastic about the challenges of solving client investment needs and usage of digital technology to improve client experience and outcomes
- Prior multi-year experience of building quant investment solutions for a range of investors
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.