Associate Analyst, Institutional
My client is a global research and consulting firm that provides asset managers, investment banks and financial advisors with guidance in strategic positioning and new business development. Their analysts provide original research, and data analysis to bring perspective to current market conditions and forecasts for future developments.
The position focuses on research related to institutional asset management. Areas of focus include researching trends and threats to institutional asset managers, investment consultants, and European Institutional investors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Associate Analyst generates quantitative analytics and manages projects for research, publishing, and consulting needs. Responsibilities include:
• Assist in the development and analysis of proprietary surveys
• Help develop focused research panels, calling and emailing targeted participants to increase survey participation
• Support to schedule research calls and meetings with senior executives
• Collaborate with other analysts on monthly and quarterly publications
• Duties include data-gathering, analysis, chart creation, and assembly, and writing commentary
• Coordinate projects for the practices' strategic consulting and custom research engagements
• Participate in research efforts by identifying key topics of interest and providing ideas and input throughout the report cycle.
• 1 - 3 years' experience in financial services, preferably in product management, strategy, research, or analytical role
• Understanding of institutional asset management is helpful
• Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
• General understanding of basic investing concepts and understanding of financial instruments
• Superior quantitative acumen is a must; proficient in Excel (e.g. pivot tables and V-Lookups, etc)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel as needed for client meetings and/or industry conferences
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, finance, or economics