Trade Operations Analyst
- Assist with improvements and identify inefficiencies within the business unit, providing details of any issues and well thought out solutions for discussion and appropriate action.
- Support the day-to-day functions of the Middle Office / Operations Team.
- Provide accurate and timely onboarding of Clients, working alongside our Origination team to create efficient introduction. Providing a comprehensive walk through of operational process, transactional documentation expectations and risk parameters to potential clients and customers.
- Ensure transactions are funded in a timely manner, working alongside internal and external stakeholders to ensure the correct checks and balances are in place, which may include, but is not limited to, transactional documentation reviews, undertaking counterparty checks, ensuring suitable insurance is in place ahead of time and AML checks are thoroughly undertaken.
- Checking transactions are repaid on time, funds are properly accounted for and credited back to our account, working alongside the Finance team, as appropriate.
- Ensure that investors funds and the Company's capital are always protected and disbursed in line with the pre-agreed programme criteria.
- Resolve any queries received from both internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner, escalating when required.
- Work closely with colleagues across all other functions to maintain a cohesive team ethos.
- Provide support for new projects and initiatives which may require Operational dependencies, ensuring that these can be supported alongside managing existing business requirements.
The ideal candidate:
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience gained from within an international trade, commodity or structured trade finance business area.
- A good understanding key markets which include the Middle East and South East Asia currently, with the intention to expand over time.
- A strong appreciation of risk management, with the ability to suggest possible mitigants where required.
- Ambition and keenness to be part of a young organisation with aspirations to become a major player in the trade finance space.
- Knowledge of commodity markets and activities, as well as logistics and shipping activities, giving the ability to make a significant contribution.
- Ability to communicate articulately, clearly, and concisely when communicating to colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, a self-starter and take initiative, where appropriate to undertake tasks.
- A good knowledge of URC 522 is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, being part of a very small, close knit team, which will require cohesion and professionalism to provide a first-class service to clients, whilst ensuring a balance to enjoy the task and role in hand.
- Previous experience in dealing with clients in the international trade finance space (particularly receivables), would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability and willingness to use complex spreadsheets and relevant systems and platforms.
- An eagerness and interest to be involved with technological developments in the trade finance space.