The business is firmly established with offices in London, the US, Europe and Asia and the role provides the opportunity to establish your career within the Commodity trading industry.
The candidate will be responsible for carrying out front to back contract documentation processes for a range of commodities products. Daily functions include generating and transmitting contracts, processing broker recaps and counterparty contracts, monitoring electronic matching exceptions and completing daily reporting tasks.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to follow procedures, identify controls gaps, and problem solve. Effective time management and prioritisation, developing, maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, following up on outstanding issues to ensure resolution, and recognising when to escalate problems are key to the role.
The candidate should have the ability to look beyond specific tasks and ask questions relevant to their role and demonstrate the use of sound judgment in decision making.
- Monitor electronic trade matching process and resolve all exceptions.
- Generate, prepare, and review commodities contracts for a range of commodities products.
- Reconcile trade details against trade tickets, counterparty contracts and broker recaps.
- Analyse and identify contract terms that will place company and shareholders at risk.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders such as Ops, Legal, Credit, Settlements, Traders and Compliance to resolve identified risks.
- Ensure terms of all contracts adhere to corporate risk policy and business standard.
- Escalate any issues to management that contradicts internal policies.
- Special projects as and when required.
- B.A. degree or equivalent, preferably in a business, finance, or energy related field.
- 2-5 years related experience in a commodity trading house.
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Systems: Experience of Tempest, Epsilon, Balsamo desirable but not essential