Business Analyst - 6 months FTC
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
The Senior Business Analyst is a core member of the change team and is a key point of contact with the business and project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Takes ownership of gathering and articulating user, business and technical requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Running introductory workshop followed by detailed walkthroughs with the squad/external party
- Creating Order level Confluence Pages.
- Writing Business Requirement Documents (BRD's) for external parties
- Writing Stories and ensuring they are to a stage of "Definition of Ready" so that they can be handed over to the developers. This includes creating solid Acceptance Criteria with testable examples.
- Defining current and target business process flows.
- Individual and User testing.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with all stakeholders and designated contacts, providing regular communication and updates
- Escalating issues and helping identify resolutions.
- Actively participating in the daily stand-ups, sprint planning and refinement sessions, as well as the end of sprint demos, and retrospectives.
- Awareness of business and data analysis tools and techniques. Appreciation of cloud based technology e.g. azure, file transfers etc
- Structured analysis and design, data mapping, process mapping and component business modelling, business process re-engineering
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively
- Good planning and organisational skills, able to juggle competing priorities and take an appropriate course of action
- Experience of working closely with developers
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communicator - written & verbal
- Proactive & Problem solving mindset
- Proven attention to detail
Additional knowledge or skills we would look for.
- Experience in Asset Management (Buy side) or Investment Banking Operations and/or Technology
- An appreciation and understanding of Operational processes:
- Post Trade Life Cycle
- Trade Matching/Confirmation
- Cash Management
- Corporate Actions
- Cash Management
- Investment Accounting
- Client Reporting
- Post Trade Life Cycle
- An appreciation of Multi Asset classes: Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Market Data, Swift messaging
- Knowledge of vendor products - Aladdin
- Experience of programme delivery using Agile methods: Scrum teams, Sprints, Daily stand-ups and Retrospectives
- Ability to analyse and manipulate large data sets
- Knowledge of SQL
- Qualifications preferable: IMC, IOC, BCS Diploma in Business Analysis
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things