Due Diligence Lead Analyst - Financial Crime Intelligence (Fully Remote)
As Lead analyst, you will have additional responsibilities including work allocation / prioritisation, collation and interpretation of Management Information, to be the principle escalation point for the team and to own and maintain the Due Diligence guidelines
As a Due Diligence (DD) Lead Analyst your primary responsibilities will be identifying, understanding and mitigating the financial crime and reputational risks involved in entering new business relationships and from maintaining / expanding existing relationships. You will continually ensure the customer risk profile falls within ClearBank®s risk appetite and escalate issues or regulatory breaches through relevant governance forums. As a senior member of the team you will have additional responsibilities for providing technical training for colleagues, act as escalation point to resolve issues as well as completing peer reviews on all risk cases.
You will need to take a flexible approach in your responsibilities. As such you will be required to undertake additional duties as commensurate with your experience
Core Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for reviewing policies, procedures, processes related to due diligence and regulatory requirements
- Act as an escalation point providing technical guidance to DD / RM's / Onboarding colleagues
- Support the development and implementation of new systems and controls
- To collate and review Management Information
- Maintain and develop Due Diligence guidelines
- Manage work allocation / prioritization across the Financial Crime intelligence Due Diligence team
- Subject matter expertise within due diligence across FIs and NBFIs.
- Support in the development and delivery of quarterly technical training to colleagues
- Complete peer review on all onboarding and ongoing DD review cases.
- Act as buddy / mentor for new to bank employees providing guidance and technical support.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on change programmes or new product development
- Complete Due Diligence to assess and manage the risks from new to bank relationships ensuring compliance with Financial Crime's Policies, standards and procedures.
- Periodically reassess existing customer risk profiles by completing ongoing Due Diligence ensuring compliance with Financial Crime's Policies, standards and procedures.
- Conduct onsite visits and / or calls with customers to facilitate the completion of Enhanced Due Diligence as dictated by the Risk Rating.
- To review changes in customer profiles (Trigger events) emanating from Companies House alerts, Relationship managers, Transaction Monitoring reviews or proactively from customers.
- Complete Risk Assessments highlighting any red flags, potential mitigating factors recommended action.
- Support in the delivery of relevant aspects of the AML & Sanctions Enhancement Programme
- Minimise the customer impact of the Due Diligence process by leveraging internal / external data sources.
- Escalation of all material financial crime risks for further consideration and / or action.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business to meet role objectives and deliver key activities
- Assist with the development of new systems and controls, to include new rules and reporting functionality to address specific financial crime risks
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant financial crime legislation, regulatory changes and industry best practice.
- Promote the importance of financial crime issues and act as a point of guidance for stakeholders
Financial Services/Banking Experience:
- Strong knowledge of financial crime control frameworks and regulatory standards.
- Strong knowledge of sectors such as money remittance, electronic money, APIs, Cryptocurrency firms, and merchant acquirers.
- Significant knowledge of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Significant knowledge of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services in financial services.
- Significant experience dealing with complex business models, PEPs, sanctions, red flags, and suspicious activity investigation.
Key Skills and expertise
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement.
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency
- A recognised AML / Sanctions / Fraud qualification is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we're always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.
About what we offer
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You'll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
The legal bit
Please only apply for this role if you are eligible to work in the UK.
By entering your details in the fields and clicking this button, you submit your information to ClearBank® Limited, who will use it to communicate with you. ClearBank® Limited securely stores and uses your details in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and ClearBank® Limited's data retention policy. ClearBank® Limited will not sell or lease your information. To opt out of further communications from ClearBank® Limited please email ClearBank® Limited at email@example.com
Perks, benefits and rewards
- Great learning and promotion opportunities
- 32 holidays a year (including bank holidays)
- Private medical and dental cover
- 6% employer contribution through the ClearBank scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 days off each year to do something bigger than ClearBank
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion are key to our mission. At ClearBank we recognise and respect that each individuals unique perspectives are what allows us to build the bank we all enjoy working in. We believe that the difference between people creates value. We focus on inclusion to create a safe and welcoming workplace culture which encourages and enables people to achieve their best, innovate and most importantly speak up to make us better.