What's the role?
Up to £30,000 + study support + Company benefits
Shift: Mon-Fri Days
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Analyst to join the busy Retail sector based in Crick. As the Finance Analyst you will be supporting the Business Units through the preparation and validation of financial analysis and commercial information in an efficient and timely manner. Closely aligning the requirements of the Business Unit Sector Directors and Operational Management Teams ensuring that reporting deadlines are adhered to:
- Preparation of accurate, timely and user friendly financial and commercial information, including daily and weekly reporting
- Assist in enhancing the business unit internal financial controls and procedures and support effective implementation within the Operational Finance team
What will I be responsible for?
- Assisting in the various financial reports used by the company. Interpreting and reporting on the data as required
- Analysing the data to understand variances and work with the various operational managers to identify risks & opportunities to improve financial results
- Producing accurate and detailed weekly finance reports and set of accounts
- Use a detailed set of KPI's as business performance driver to improve the performance of the business. Reporting on trends and variances to support operations
- Use the weekly accounts to produce monthly management accounts, through appropriate Accrual and Prepayments
- To liaise with other departments as required ensuring the reporting deadlines of the organisation are met
- Work alongside Managers within the Business Unit to produce various reforecast and budgets throughout the year. Presenting these budgets to Directors and Senior Management within both businesses
- Ensure financial controls are in place to make sure interim and year-end financial accounts are accurate, working with external auditors in a professional manner when required
What kind of person are you looking for?
The Finance Analyst will have good attention to detail and the ability to use your own initiative supported by good numerical and computer skills. You will be studying towards AAT/CIMA with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Through previous roles you will have practical experience of financial analysis and reporting.
Although not essential, it would be desirable for you to have Operational accounts experience and/ or knowledge of working within the Logistics industry.