Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a 'profit-for-purpose' organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice. We have joined the L&Q Group in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the North West. We are now in a position to recruit a Trainee Management Accountant, who will report to one of the Management Accountants at the Trust. The core duties and expectations of the role include:
- Ensuring monthly accruals and adjustments are processed in line with production of management accounts and financial standards.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations/adjustments within month end deadline
- Attend and contribute to monthly management accounts meetings with a view to leading the meetings; where appropriate.
- Review and challenge forecasts from budget holders, highlighting risks and opportunities for the Trust.
- Producing monthly, quarterly and annual KPI information including monthly reports and dashboards.
- Key point of contact for internal customers. Proactively building relationships and acting as liaison between budget holders and the ledgers team to ensure that processes are being followed.
- Producing adhoc analysis, reports and project work as requested by internal customers and proactively identifying where additional information would be beneficial and offering ideas for improvements.
- Contributing to the production of the Annual Report and Financial Statements and the associated supporting evidence with the aim of ensuring the Trust receives a clean audit report.
- Assisting with internal/external audit requests including gathering samples, providing information and reports.
- Supporting the Management Accountant and internal customers with the budget process.
- Creating, updating and maintaining Collaborative Planning (CP) and other accounting software systems used by Finance.
- Other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the Trust.
- AAT, CIMA Cert BA or relevant Accounting Degree (or equivalent NQF level)
- Intermediate - Advanced skills in Excel
- Previous experience of working in a similar role is preferable
- Previous experience of working with Collaborative Planning and Open Accounts is preferable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and works well within a team
Closing Date: 23rd April 2021
- A study package is available to the successful candidate, who is expected to complete their accountancy qualifications while working for the Trust.