Senior Financial Accountant, Gas and power trading international
Do you want to join a company whose aim is to make a real difference to the sustainability of our planet? BP is on a journey to transform our business to do just that. It won't be straight forward and there will be challenges along the way, but we are up for it, are you?
This is what our CEO thinks about it - "It's about doing the right thing. We made it our corporate purpose last year - reimagining energy for people and our planet. We like the recognition that there doesn't need to be a trade-off between people, planet and profit. We firmly believe that."
BP's Trading & Shipping (T&S) is an integrated world-class trading organization that links together BP's trading and supply activities in oil, power, gas, petrochemicals, finance and shipping in order to build trading capability and capacity, particularly through people and systems.
In the position of Senior Analyst ARC your role will be part of the team responsible for accounting, reporting and internal control for the GPTI business within BP's Trading and Shipping segment.
You will support submission of GPTI's accounts and related reporting, including statutory accounts. As a Senior Analyst within the team you will also be involved in advising on new business proposals and one-off projects, including continuous improvement and automation initiatives.
It's essential you have solid accounting knowledge and experience as you will need to use this to work with other team members.
- Ensuring that all financial reporting is carried out in accordance with Group accounting policies and the Group Reporting Manual (GRM) and submitted in accordance with the Group timetable
- Ensuring sales and other operating revenues are accounted for in accordance with IFRS
- Prepare quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations for Group mandated accounts in line with BP's Balance Sheet Assurance (BSA) policy
- Analyse business performance for the quarterly analytical review / due diligence process
Strive to enhance the control environment
- Close collaboration with teams in GPTI Finance and the business to implement best practice or account for new commercial activity,
- Find opportunities to increase efficiency in processes and controls through automation and standardisation
- Essential experience and job requirements Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Prior finance experience in a trading organisation
- Ability to work within a very deadline orientated environment with strong attention to detail
- Strong level of analytical skills, numeracy and strong financial understanding
- Significant experience with SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling including a solid understanding of transactional processes in a SAP environment.
- Ability to network across BP and work with senior management on issues
- Strong project background with a desire to make improvements to processes
- Influencing, networking and relationship building skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.