Capital & Pricing Business Partner
Undershaft, LondonThis role is being offered on a Permanent basis.AIB is a major retail bank in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and a highly regarded business bank in GB. We offer a full spectrum of banking products and services to Personal, Business and Corporate customers.In the UK, where this role is based, we are at the beginning of a new strategic cycle with the ambition to be at the heart of customers' financial lives by responsibly and comprehensively meeting their life-stage needs, aiming to be sustainable, capital generative and efficient business.A strong Irish bank packed with purpose - to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We aim to make AIB one of the best places to work - a place where the very best people want to come and develop their careers. We want our employees to be empowered by the work they do. Developing people leadership capabilities, improving levels of employee engagement and aligning people's objectives to the strategy are just some of the ways we are creating a high performance culture that enables us to be better together.Summmary of the Team:UK Finance is one of the key support and control functions for AIB UK. UK Finance delivers financial and regulatory accounts for external reporting and management accounts, forecasts, plans and scenarios for AIB UK Leadership Team, Board & Stakeholders. UK Finance undertakes to support and challenge the business in ensuring that the chosen business strategies deliver the required shareholder value at an acceptable level of risk. UK Finance has a number of key activities: Business partnering, External Reporting with Recovery Resolution Planning (RRP) and Asset Liability Management (ALM). As part of the Finance Transformation programme, production of UK financial and regulatory reporting is undertaken by Dublin. This means UK Finance are focused on driving value added services for the UK Business and becoming the go-to partner and critical friend for the UK business regarding Financial and regulatory advice.Why join us?We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers' financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.We are looking for someone who can:
- Assist in the managing and optimising capital for the UK Plc.
- Assisting the Capital & Pricing manager in providing capital planning and insight, including working closely with the Risk team on the completion of the ICAAP and Recovery & Resolution Plan.
- Assist in carrying out proactive competitor analysis, benchmarking and reporting.
- Help drive proactive economic analysis and forward looking analysis.
- Support the Capital & Pricing Manager in the ownership of the Pricing Framework, monitoring and provision of MI relating to RAROC.
- Builds and maintains strong working relations with stakeholders on behalf of wider finance community.
- Together with the rest of the FP&A team, strategically drive the financial planning process ensuring integration with business, credit and risk plans. Ensures business participation in the financial planning and budgeting process through continuing engagement and challenge of the key business assumptions.
- Working with relevant counterparts to understand and interrogating key systems, to extract necessary data to provide an in depth understanding, and allowing for the production of meaningful and insightful MI.
- Provide expert advice and support on ad hoc projects as required
- Fully qualified with one of the following bodies: Association of Certified Chartered Accountants, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in a similar role, excellent communication and IT skills, strong business Acumen, and analysis and negotiation skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels of seniority within the business, and to be a trusted source of advice for the decision makers in AIB UK
- Good knowledge of financial and regulatory requirements required whilst working with an ever-changing environment.
- Good level of understanding of the UK businesses to ensure the correct information and messages are communicated to key stakeholders.
- Experience of strategic planning.