Commercial Fund Controller
Goodman Masson are supporting a well-known global Investment Manager in their search for a Commercial Fund Controller based in Central London.
This role is very different from your traditional "Fund Accounting" position and sits inside the investment team supporting the transactions, due diligence and investment appraisals. This will focus much more on review than production and will have plenty of exposure to the assets, investors and their requests. By nature, it has a very heavy business partnering element.
- To prepare Fund quarterly and annual accounts for investors, pitch books and other commercial documents, Fund forecasting and budgeting and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Assist in due diligence on acquisition targets specifically the legal / tax structuring and implementation of structure post-acquisition. This will involve understanding the key issues and risks and co-ordination of advice from third party advisers.
- To assist with fundraising including the preparation of client RFPs, response to due diligence queries from prospects, assistance in the negotiation with investors / legal advisers regarding Fund terms, preparation of board papers.
- Assist with the on-going management and operations of acquisition structures.
- Support the general team activities and the development of the European Funds.
- Ensure strong communication of ideas to the wider global investment team.
- Qualified accountant (2-5 years PQE);
- Fund Accounting experience either from Practice or Industry;
- Buy-side/Investment Management experience is a prerequisite.