Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over £1.2 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
As part of the continued growth of our Investment Strategy group, we are seeking to recruit a senior Multi Asset Strategist in London. This role will involve three key elements: a research orientation, an ability to work with clients as a trusted advisor, and a commitment to contributing to our team-based approach to multi-asset investing. The Strategist is likely to be involved in the following areas:
- Developing differentiated and innovative research on asset allocation themes;
- Researching, publishing, and discussing key capital market and investment topics with a focus on investment implications;
- Incorporating ESG/Sustainable Investing into our team's research;
- Linking research ideas to implementable solutions;
- Identifying the "right" topics to research - those that will be relevant and meaningful to clients.
Engaging with clients and prospects as a thought partner
- Engaging and building trust with strategic clients across different channels in EMEA (e.g., Pensions, Insurance, Global Wealth, and Sovereign);
- Developing peer-like relationships with clients by listening and gaining a deep understanding of their investment needs;
- Engaging with clients on policy decisions and topical issues, including capital market developments, asset/liability management, alternatives, emerging markets, tail risk management, and ESG/Sustainable Investing;
- Representing the Investment Strategy group's analytical and investment capabilities to clients and delivering the best of Wellington research/thinking.
Contributing to the success of Multi Asset Solutions
- Contributing to the design of multi-asset solutions (as part of the team's process) to meet client needs, including incorporation of ESG/Sustainable Investing objectives;
- Representing the Multi Asset team as a Portfolio Manager in EMEA;
- Representing clients' objectives, constraints and/or priorities in the solutions process.
To be effective in the role, the successful candidate is likely to demonstrate some or all of the following skills/attributes:
- History of academic achievement;
- Demonstrable (10+ years) relevant professional experience in capital markets strategy, investment management, economics, investment research, asset/investment consulting or as a plan sponsor;
- Strong experience and passion for multi asset research/investing/strategy (practical research);
- Ability to build trust with clients that can lead to deeper relationships with Wellington;
- Creative/flexible thinking to solve client problems;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to build an EMEA business;
- Engaging speaker, able to connect with clients across channels, regions, and audiences (including CIOs) with credibility;
- Collaborator - enthusiastic to partner with global colleagues, including client relationship teams and other investment professionals;
- Evidence of leveraging the work of others, demonstrating willingness to work in a team;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Resilience, with a high degree of self-motivation and a growth mindset;
- Broad understanding of global investment markets, and an ability to discuss technical topics in concise terms;
- Portfolio Management skills - prior work creating investment solutions for clients;
- Experience with a team-based approach to multi asset investing.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .