Credit Risk Manager (Commodities Trading)
About The Role:
Risk Management plays a critical role in ensuring that Trading & Supply delivers its business objectives in a controlled way and within pre-determined risk levels.
- Support delivery of risk management within the global derivatives portfolio for all operational credit matters to deliver best-in-class credit support to the T&S business. This will include understanding and supporting the complex T&S control framework that governs financial trading in respect to credit accountabilities and working with colleagues in the global operational excellence teams.
- Accountable for building strong relationships with key stakeholders including VPs, Global Team Leads, Regional Team Leads and individual traders for multiple LoBs with regards to sign off on strategic and operational credit activities.
- Support the Global T&S Credit Manager, who retains ultimate responsibility for these activities. Support people development and best practice knowledge sharing throughout the Global Trading & Supply Credit organization.
- Support best practice in delivery of efficient and effective credit support across all portfolios in T&S as it evolves in supporting the Energy Transition.
- Ensure that the credit risk in the portfolio is aligned to expectations and that abnormal credit risks have associated abnormal margins as compensation
- Liaise with Compliance and GRA departments where necessary to ensure the business remains fully compliant.
- 5 yrs + relevant credit risk experience obtained in a Banking, Commodity or Corporate environment.
- Bachelor's or master's degree preferably in Finance or any related degree.
- Demonstrate ability to withstand pressure and pushback from commercial stakeholders and shared accounts, who may have different personal drivers, as well as the ability to make decisions (or recommend positions for senior management) in extremely short timeframes and to explain the rationale for such decisions in a robust and convincing manner.
- The role requires level headed decision making, and involves maximising commercial opportunities where credit can play a part in delivering strong margins whilst taking acceptable credit risks. This will require creating very good working relationships with the trading desks.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.