Client Money Calculations Analyst - Up to 12 months
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the CMC analyst is to complete the regular CMC calculations and to respond to queries from Treasury.
Run the CMC report using the Enterprise Resourcing Planning (ERP) system. Liaise with the business and/or other departments to gather information to be able to accurately perform any necessary CMC adjustments. Perform manual CMC for any companies/business not on the ODS system including systems in run off and new systems Submit CMC report to Treasury and where necessary communicating with the Treasury team to update the CMC report. Operate as a key contact for IBA, month end reporting and legacy balance resolution, working alongside IBA colleagues to ensure month ends are closed timely and accurately Liaise with external intermediaries on a monthly basis via email and telephone to establish settlement of policies tracked within the CMC. Ensure successful completion of training and assessment exercises as assigned from the Compliance and Training Department. Fulfil your responsibilities in line with agreed processes to achieve agreed objectives, and in doing so, ensure compliance with the client and insurer money rules within the FCA Handbook. Where applicable, investigate the root cause of non-compliance, improve the process and reduce CASS breaches. Willingness and ability to apply existing skills to ad-hoc tasks as required by management. Key Role Accountabilities:
Functional Knowledge/ technical knowledge:
- Understanding of CMC concepts and processes
- Understands basic financial and accounting terminology, and performs accounting processes and generates financial information with direction.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail / thoroughness
Driving continuous improvement and innovation:
- Able to investigate the root cause of a problem and rectify it as required.
- Able to present information in a concise efficient and professional manner to management.
- Ability to use existing skills to pick and complete other tasks as required by management.
Building self-insight & relationships:
- Takes ownership of CMC problems and ensures they are dealt with quickly
- Ability to build strong relationships needed for liaising with other Towergate teams
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education - Degree educated (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or similar
- Specialised Knowledge - CMC processes
- Skills - Microsoft Excel skills to intermediate level
- Professional Certification - Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) preferable but not essential
- Experience - Previous CMC experience in an insurance broking environment.
- High level of process and technical knowledge in CMC processes
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Initiative, proactivity, enquiring approach, resourcefulness
- Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change
- Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills - individually and collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to quickly learn and work with new processes and systems
- Integrity and assertiveness when dealing with complex / business critical issues
The Ardonagh Group is the UK's largest independent insurance broker with global reach. We are a network of over 100 office locations and a workforce of nearly 7,000 people. Formed in 2017 and following a series of acquisitions in 2018, Ardonagh today brings together best-in-class brands including Autonet, Bishopsgate, Carole Nash, Geo Underwriting, Price Forbes, Swinton, Towergate and URIS. Our understanding of the communities we serve, together with our scale and breadth, allows us to work with our insurer partners to deliver solutions that meet our customer needs.
Our understanding of the communities we serve, together with our scale and breadth, allows us to work with our insurer partners to deliver solutions that meet our customer needs. #AD