Investment Grade Credit Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1.2 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialised subject-matter expertise.
As part of the continued expansion of our global investment platform, we are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Credit Analyst to join our Investment Grade Credit Research team. Based in London, this individual will be responsible for covering several industries in the European and/or global investment grade market, and for providing fundamental credit research on the bond and loan issuers within them. As an active member of the Investment Grade team, he/she will be fully integrated into the investment process, and will be expected to provide investment recommendations that add value to client portfolios, as well as to help shape portfolio management decisions. In addition, Investment Grade Credit Analysts regularly interact and collaborate with other investment professionals at the firm, including other Credit Analysts, Equity Analysts, ESG Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Macro Strategists.
The following essential skills and characteristics are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion - we are seeking an experienced Credit Analyst who is passionate about markets, research, and investing in fixed income. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a quantitative orientation. Additionally, the ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis, often with incomplete information, and communicated with strong conviction is required.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - the successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment, and will embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. He/she will build strong, trusting relationships internally with colleagues, and externally with company management teams. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others. He/she must recognise the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented investment recommendations clearly and with conviction, and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Intellectual curiosity, capacity for differentiated thinking, and a growth mindset - the flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as a Credit Analyst and investor. He/she will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation, and the evolution of investing.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics are likely to include:
- 7+ years of professional experience in a related role, including previous credit research experience (ideally across more than one industry). Special-situations, Property and/or Structured Credit analysis and documentation experience would be advantageous;
- Strong academic credentials. CFA preferred;
- Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail-oriented mindset;
- High level of initiative, and experience developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations;
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty, and a proven ability to take risk;
- Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
- Independence of thought, an entrepreneurial nature, and a global perspective.
Investment Grade Credit Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .