Cost Accountant - Sheffield
Reporting to the Finance Director, this is a new role that will suit a qualified or qualified by experience Accountant who has extensive costings experience within a manufacturing environment.
The main purpose of the role is to understand business costs, control and develop the standard costing system and to drive improvements in processes to enhance controls and profitability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the drivers of business costs, and develop existing standard costing system that will accurately capture these costs
- Evaluate new quotes & sales orders and develop sales costing system and methodology
- Validate and improve systems to manage and forecast variable materials spend
- Communicate and work with site teams to develop and measure cost saving initiatives
- Assist the finance team to develop and enhance standard financial reporting
- Make estimates of new and proposed product and process costs
- Create and develop reports from system for management decision making
- Incorporate finance changes and costing best practice into new IT systems in development
- Support month-end close processes
As this is a new role you will have a huge opportunity to make an impact, and to add a great deal of value to the business. If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity then please apply today or contact Steve Bruce for a confidential discussion.