Walters People have partnered with a leading organisation based in central Birmingham who are looking for a Finance Analyst on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Finance Manager, this position would best suit a detailed oriented candidate with the ability to provide accurate and high quality analysis of financial statements.
Key Responsibilities as the Finance Analyst:
* You will gain a clear understanding of the Private Equity terminology, performance metrics, types of fees and expenses
* Understand existing reporting and cash flow processes and procedures in order to effectively use the existing quarterly report and cash flow data processing templates
* You will independently conduct analysis of financial statements and capital account movements, extracting correct quantitative and qualitative information from financial reports
* Be trained on reading Limited Partnership, finding and summarizing information relevant to Portfolio Monitoring
* Liaise closely with other internal departments to ensure timely and accurate client reporting
* Ensure the quality and integrity of the data on the system is maintained
About you as the Finance Analyst:
This role is best suited to a recent graduate with 1+ years' experience looking to take a progressive step in their career.
* Strong analytical skills and self-motivation and able to work on own initiative with exceptional attention to detail
* You will have the ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet client deadlines
* You will be proactive in managing workloads and addressing potential issues
* Capable of communicating clearly and effectively both internally with other departments, and externally with clients, investors and fund managers, both orally and written
* You will have good organisational skills with the ability to multitask
For more information about this, or other finance roles please contact Robert McShane at Walters People on