Associate Director, Financial Risk Advisory
At Lloyds Banking Group (LBG), we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses, and communities.
We're currently looking for an experienced professional for the role of Associate Director within the Financial Risk Advisory (FRA) team, part of the Corporate Solutions group within Corporate Sales.
The Corporate Sales team is part of Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets (LBCM). The team's purpose is to deliver tailored financial risk management solutions to Large Corporate clients, sustainably and profitably. The role of the Financial Risk Advisory team is to provide strategic risk management analysis to the bank's Large Corporate and Financial Institution (FI) clients, with the aim of strengthening and deepening our client relationships and generating new product opportunities.
We help companies to better understand the impact of financial market risks on their business or portfolios, establish their risk tolerance across asset classes and design optimal hedging strategies to help them mitigate these risks and achieve their strategic objectives. Our ultimate goal is to deliver robust, risk-focused, product-agnostic analysis which adds value to clients and helps Lloyds Banking Group to become a trusted risk management partner.
The scope of our engagements ranges from producing customised analysis of a company's portfolio, balance sheet or cash flows (incorporating FX, interest rate, commodity, inflation and liquidity risks) through to the development of market, event or sector-driven thematics and articles on specific areas of risk management.
The team works in close partnership with the Corporate and FI (derivative) Sales teams, and other product and coverage areas across LBCM and Commercial Banking. Externally, the team typically engages with clients' Treasurers or FDs/CFOs (or the wider Board).
What you'll be doing...
Key responsibilities include:
* Proactively engaging with the Sales teams and other Product partners in order to identify and develop opportunities and deliver risk management analysis to clients.
* Becoming a trusted point of contact for Sales colleagues and other Product and Coverage partners in relation to complex risk management queries.
* Developing the ability and experience to work on client projects autonomously by covering the entire 'front-to-back' process: producing and delivering analyses, i.e. framing the problem, quantifying the risks, evaluating the merits of potential strategies, preparing the client material and delivering the content to the client - all with the support of more senior colleagues as appropriate.
* Building and maintaining an up to date knowledge of developments and trends in financial and capital markets and in risk management products and strategies in order to enable the team to deliver best-in-class analysis to clients.
* Contributing to the development and oversight of the team's modelling capabilities and framework in order to enable the team and its stakeholders to deliver sophisticated and value-adding analysis to clients.
* Contributing to the strategy of the team and promoting the work of the team through developing and utilising your internal network. Understanding the objectives of the team's key stakeholders and helping to ensure that our areas of focus are aligned to theirs.
* Undertaking the duties of this role in accordance with the requirements of the company's Regulators, including FCA's Principles for Business. Ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements where appropriate implementing actions to protect the Bank's business at all times.
* Championing a strong control and compliance culture by demonstrating a sound understanding of the role in managing risk effectively for the benefit of clients, colleagues and the Bank.
What we're looking for...
We are currently looking for a motivated and experienced individual to join the team in order to further develop its capacity and capabilities. Whilst good attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, the following skills/knowledge are also essential:
* Strong quantitative analytical ability.
* Knowledge of FX, fixed income and commodity markets and products.
* Knowledge and experience of typical financial risk management issues faced by Corporates and FIs and strategies employed to mitigate those risks.
* Good understanding of financial modelling and common risk measures.
* Good working knowledge of corporate finance concepts, familiarity with financial statements, relevant accounting requirements and common financial metrics and ratios.
* Problem solving 'can do' attitude and approach.
* Enthusiasm and willingness/inquisitiveness to learn more about complex financial risk management issues.
* Ability and track record in developing strong relationships with key stakeholders
* Programming knowledge and experience
Do you have the skills we're seeking and are looking for your next step? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
And in return...
It's a very exciting time to join LBG! Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
* Discretionary Performance Share Award
* Generous pension contribution
* A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
* Private health cover
* Share schemes
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
**Please note that this role is considered Certified under the Senior Manager and Certification Regime as either requiring mandatory qualifications or being deemed as a role capable of providing 'significant harm' to customers**