Audit Methodology Specialist
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Our global Group Audit function is business-focussed, risk-based and operates with openness, integrity and responsibility. Our profile in Deutsche Bank is high, and our top priority is to grow our team globally enabling us to deliver against the objectives of the bank. This is a team where your ideas will make a rapid impact, and your achievements will never go unrecognised as we continue to strengthen our industry-leading audit methodology and state-of-the-art in-house audit system.
We are a team of over 500 Business and IT Audit specialists, operating from New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 25 other countries across the globe. Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate, network and share knowledge with intelligent colleagues and specialists around the world.
Our vision is to be a strategic challenger to senior management. We believe in the partnership model, focussed on evolving our role as an independent, fair and fully effective function. Challenging and improving operating models for non-financial risk management. We adhere to 'The Three Lines of Defence' programme, designed to strengthen our internal controls framework across the whole bank, while managing increasing regulatory expectations. It forms a central part of our commitment for cultural change. Group Audit is the third line of defence assuring the effectiveness of our controls.
- Managing audit methodology related projects (e.g. enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of procedures, developing state-of-the-art audit techniques, developing hands-on guidance)
- Taking matters in hand when required (e.g. urgent ad hoc requests)
- Supporting the Head of Frameworks and Plan Oversight (FPO)
- Working collaboratively with the other professional practices teams, auditors and stakeholders in the second line of defence
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of audit risk coupled with thorough understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards, relevant degree and professional qualifications a plus
- Strong analytical competency with appreciation of risks, regulatory requirements and controls generically and specifically to banking
- Experience in the use of standard IT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) - experience with data analysis and manipulation is a must
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm, coupled with a service attitude and a delivery focus as well as solution flexibility
- Excellent team working capabilities and an ability to build strong business and team relationships
- A high level of personal integrity, as the role may require the handling and management of information related to sensitive (such as personnel related) or business confidential topics.
- A willingness to accept responsibility
- Strong English communication skills, in particular writing, German a plus
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please visit https://www.db.com/cr/en/our-people/diversity--management.htm to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.