Commercial Finance Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst | Burton-on-Trent (flexible working)| £35,000 - £40,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a job offering the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing, Private Equity Backed business, based in Burton. The Commercial Finance team is responsible for delivering commercial and financial insight across a line of businesses.
You will be working closely with Product, Business Development, Marketing and Customer Analytics teams and will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. You will play a key role in the Business team by providing business performance and opportunity insight to both internal and external stake holders, to assist with informed decision making. Working closely and building deep relationships. You will work with the Head of Commercial Finance to optimise contribution through informed and data led decision-making on trading performance including Sales performance, Marketing investment and product capacity
So what is the job?
- Day-to-day tracking and reporting of underlying drivers of sales and profitability (price, volume, sales mix)
- Communicating with and influencing marketing and production teams to help improve performance.
- Detailed understanding of the sales funnel
- Development of tools to improve sales and profitability forecasting and planning process and aid delivery of consistent accuracy
- Work with trading teams to identify areas to drive sales into specific areas to maximise contribution
- Enhance current reporting offering towards a market-leading business intelligence function, through detailed review of data structures/sources and use of BI tools.
- Collaborate with Marketing & IT departments to ensure consistency of cross-functional KPIs and data-driven conclusions
- Be a strong advocate of analytics, developing a deep understanding of the business to make sure that analysis is embedded in everyday decision making
- Draw meaningful insights and ideas from large data sets to support and improve business performance
- Keep up with developments in data analytics, and share new ideas and best practice
- Assist with monitor competitors' pricing, promotions, and availability and develop recommendations to remain competitive in our desired market position
What are you like?
- Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with a strong understanding or 'core' finance
- Advanced Excel analysis skills essential.
- The ability to use a wide variety of data sources, including use of Microsoft SQL/PowerPivot/Query; OLAP/Cube formulae to distil insightful reporting
- The ability to package and present ideas with clarity, and to convey complex, financial information in an appropriate way, including leveraging BI visualisation tools preferably Tableau or Power BI
- Demonstrate knowledge of data structures and how to best utilise and interrogate them
You should have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in large volume data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling with strong organisational skills. You will have experience and confidence dealing with internal teams across the business and have the ability to work at pace and remain consistent under pressure. You will be proactive in your approach to work with the ability to identify issues and drive actions quickly.
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.