Associate, Agri-FoodTech focussed Venture Capital Fund, London, UK
We are working with a well-established international Private Equity Group.
They have recently announced the launch of their first Venture Capital fund focussing on Agri-FoodTech. They are looking for their first close in May or June of this year and have a hard cap of £150million for the end of the year. They are looking to make their first Associate hire with an analytical mindset and passion for the space to join the London office and play an instrumental part in their investments.
It is a hugely exciting sector and much like big pharma did at the turn of the century, big food is increasingly substituting research and development for acquisitions so the potential exit opportunities and growth of these businesses is great. They will typically be investing at Series A and taking board seats with a focus typically on technology and upstream opportunities in the space. Sub sectors they will be looking at include: Clean Food, Alternative Proteins, Personalised Nutrition and looking at how AI and IOT can reinvent farming.
If this is a sector which excites you, this is a fantastic opportunity to enter the space.
- Assisting on execution of investments end-to-end from initial screening through due diligence and closing
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment
- Assist with sourcing new deal flow and building your network within the start-up space
- Super smart and keen to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Full-time work experience, most likely from investment banking, consultancy or a start-up
- Genuine passion for AgTech and FoodTech
- Good at working to a high standard to deadlines
- Both a team player and able to work independently