Financial Controls & Risk Manager (6 months FTC)
Location - based at Head Office, Milton Keynes, MK11 3LW
Monday - Friday 40 hours a week
This position is a 6 months Fixed Term Contract.
Who are we?
BMI, a part of the Standard Industries group, manufactures and markets an industry leading range of roofing tiles, fittings and accessories.
With well-established and recognised roofing brands as a part of our portfolio including Redland and Icopal our ambition is to become the best roofing manufacturer in the world.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits coupled with a fantastic opportunity to work with a recognised market leader and to join a talented and supportive team.
This position elevates the complete Controls Framework maturity, initially focused on the online and offline controls within the Country Finance domain before extending the principles with and through Finance colleagues to all other functions.
Ensuring compliance with all legal and fiscal responsibilities and introducing a Risk Matrix for prioritisation of process/policy improvement actions ensures this role serves as a key catalyst to the building blocks of the finance transformation journey.
- Identify and document key controls gaps in online and offline processes and delivering corrective actions alongside current process owners with periodic tests for effectiveness
- Working with the Leadership Team to design a financial Risk Matrix defining the current state to map out a prioritised action delivery plan for risk mitigation
- Providing education and training for Finance team members on Controls principles and Risk Mitigation to mature audit/risk awareness within the function and delivering Standard Operating Procedures as well as review and approval mechanisms
- Assessing current Group/ Local Policies and recommending changes where appropriate
- Working alongside Group Finance Internal Audit to design a Self-Assessment model to instil a mindset of control/risk management focused on compliance to policies/standards
- Leveraging IT services to automate and identify controls conflicts
- Extend with and through Finance team members Controls and Risk Management enhancements to all other functions where possible
- Best Practice Financial Risk & Controls experience in Industry (5 years +)
- In depth knowledge of Controls Framework structures and measurement processes
- Proactive stakeholder management skills and has a natural ability to build positive relationships
- Ability to flex style to deliver training but also influence others where necessary
- High level of integrity/trust demonstrating ethical principles to gain respect of peers
- Attention to detail, good communication skills, ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise own workload, multitask and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated with a passion for problem solving & continuous improvement
- Ideally a professional qualification in Accounting
- Prior Practice Audit or Internal Audit function experience preferable
- Knowledge of the construction industry and manufacturing processes
Does this sound like the role for you? Please apply now.BMI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.