Treasury Services - Treasury Services Management and Change - Associate - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Operations professionals don't just manage processes - we make things possible. Within a dynamic, multi-faceted division we partner with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. For every new product launched and every trade executed it is Operations that develops, manages and continually improves data, processes and controls.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Operations professionals are innovators and problem-solvers. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Our project management specialists drive change to ensure the highest customer satisfaction while delivering within budget and on time.
These roles offer high profile opportunities to drive strategic data and process based solutions which impact various businesses and entities within the firm. Successful candidates will have the chance to continue to build their data analytic skillsets as well as broaden their product, market and regulatory knowledge.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Corporate Treasury. As a global, multi-faceted and cross-product sub division, our primary objectives are to: lead the development of new payments-centric businesses, while building scale and improving agility to adapt to a rapidly changing payment landscape; act as a first line of defence for control and governance to protect the firm's financial assets; and incorporate differentiated client service to be best in class. Treasury Services is a growing subdivision globally, with regional presence in Singapore, Bengaluru, London, New Jersey, New York and Salt Lake City with all our offices working closely together as a global team.
The sub division has a rare opportunity to support products and businesses ranging across existing and new business lines, multiple payment types, and multiple client types, including franchise/institutional, consumer and corporate cash management sectors. We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around cash management (payment controls, bank account management, settlements and reconciliations, claims), change management, regulatory requirements, and industry trends.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This role will reside in the Treasury Services Change Management team within Corporate Treasury.
- Project Management & Change Assurance of Treasury Services projects supporting Transaction Banking, Consumer & Franchise businesses with responsibility for meeting project milestones and contractual deadlines
- Demonstrate your business acumen through expert requirements gathering sessions where you elicit actionable functional specifications that can build real life systems and processes
- Demonstrate your precision and attention to detail during user acceptance testing and implementation, including building proactive risk mitigation practices into established guideline
- Monitoring workstream performance and analysing risks and barriers to progress
- Developing a full understanding of relevant product and market knowledge
- Managing change across multiple plans
- Working to demanding timescales in a fast paces team working environment
- Maintaining a complex project planning document with multiple Managing Director level stakeholders
- Developing reporting and monitoring metrics, identifying issues and making recommendations to resolve
- Lead the delivery of new project management tools and techniques
- Represent the Project Management team to deliver communications and training to the wider program
- Partner with stakeholders to track and deliver joint goals
- Bachelor's degree
- Banking experience preferably in payments, cash management and /or liquidity related functions in a product development or change management capacity
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management and program management skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels and across functions within an organization
- Ability to develop excellent relationships at all levels within an organization
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation/execution
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong sense of detail and urgency, with the ability to motivate others to deliver
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience in process design, BPM, LEAN/Six Sigma and/or other continuous improvement methodologies preferable
- Experience in both waterfall and Agile project delivery methodology strongly preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity