We have an opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join the ANZ Financial Control team. Reporting to the Finance Manager - ANZ, this role will be responsible for financial accounting, compliance and tax reporting for a number of Australian legal entities.
This includes all financial and compliance reporting to internal and external stakeholders, maintaining adequate internal controls to safeguard corporate assets and ensure accuracy of financial records, as well as highlighting any process improvement opportunities. Through information gathering and collation you will provide both regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis of data for key stakeholders, as well as building key relationships across the business.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and friendly team with the opportunity to gain further experience with a wide range of tasks in a global corporate environment.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Coordination and preparation of month end reporting
• Provide accurate financial reporting and analysis to stakeholders on a timely basis in accordance with Group deadlines
• Preparation and review of journals and general ledger reconciliations, including overseeing offshore teams
• Maintain fixed asset register and lease register
• Manage intercompany recharges and loan confirmations
• Half year and full year statutory reporting, including liaising with external auditors
• Internal and external compliance reporting, including preparation of statutory accounts for AFSL licenced entities
• Preparation of external tax reporting including tax effect accounting, income tax return, BAS, IAS and FBT
• Supporting the financial control team with ad-hoc tasks and projects
To ensure your success in this role you will bring:
• CPA/CA qualified
• Experience in a large ASX listed business in a similar role
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of accounting standards (AASB/IFRS)
• Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• MS Office / Excel - intermediate to advanced
The benefits of working with us:
• Working for a large global corporation (over 12,000 employees) with the opportunity for career progression
• Great discounts and benefits across a variety of companies and access to our Employee Share Plan
• A wide variety of internal training courses supported by our Learning and Development team
• A supportive working environment with friendly peers and management
• Flexible working arrangements
Keeping our employees safe
We're currently performing all interviews, assessments and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
Most of our employees are working remotely. For people who need to be in the office we are following government guidelines on safe working. This includes regular cleaning, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at any one time.
Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our people safe during this difficult time.
We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We see diversity as a source of strength - the more perspectives we have, the better equipped we'll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Visit www.computershare.com.au to read our Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
| CERTAINTY | INGENUITY | ADVANTAGE |